Used 1995 Chevrolet Tahoe LS SUV Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Excellent SUV
By Joey Dorsey

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Tahoe from a friend who had it since new, after numerous offers, he finally agreed to sell it to me. Probably the best $3000 I ever spent. The truck has 205,000 miles and still drives like a dream, and to call the 4 wheel drive powerful is an understatement. All and all this is my favorite of all the vehicles I've owned.

I love the short wheelbase and the tough looking stance it has. The low range 4 wheel drive gear will pull anything you hook on to.

I just wish chevrolet would still offer the two door model tahoe. And if you drive it hard it drinks gas.

I dread the day it dies
By Steve G

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

Bought new in 1995, this vehicle has displayed unbelievable reliability. At 220,000 miles, it has seen many of my friends' cars, foreign and domestic, sputter to an early expensive grave. Running costs are astoundingly cheap, even considering the unimpressive gas mileage. I had the transmission rebuilt at about 150,000, but that's the only major repair. I drive it cross-country with complete confidence. It's easy to speed on the highway as the ride is so comfortable and the power readily available. While the dash is made of hard, cheap plastic, the gray cloth seats are indestructible, with no stains or rips. I hope it lasts many more years, as I don't see any affordable reliable replacement.

Reliability, running cost, build quality, highway ride. Safety: killed one deer and one Subaru with nary a scratch.

Gas mileage, better dash materials.

Tow and Go
By doctorjim

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

Purchased used with 16k mi, now 162k. A great vehicle for me, as I have driven it to work every day since. I've been deer hunting in Alabama and duck hunting in Arkansas, driving to areas that my friends were pulling ATVs to access. Tows my boat (3300 lbs) without a whimper. I was recently asked to pull out my friend's boat on a dirt private ramp when his full size pickup failed. There is no substitute for horsepower and 4WD! Had to replace water pump at 120k and master brake cylinder at 150k. Back seat is a hastle for car seats, but if your kids are booster-sized or older then you're home free. Not really accessible for elderly parents, though. Gas mileage: 11-13 tow/city, maybe 15 hwy.

Reliability. My wife (Chrysler owner) recently stated, "I don't want another American car. We're getting a Honda or Toyota ... unless we can find a Chevrolet I like, because we haven't ever had to do anything to yours." Also love being able to go anywhere, regardless of weather.

It could use better electronics (stereo), seat adjustment options, and the rear seat is spacious but hard to access and not real comfortable for adults on long trips. However, the truck does exactly what a 2DR 4WD is supposed to do, and it does it for a long time.

its a chevy
By Michael

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

What can I say, its a chevy, my tahoe
has served its purpose in a variety of
places, its great in the snow, in
rain, dry, and stormy conditions, even
mud...:) only everyonce and a while,
but the only thing gm should have put
the engineers to work on were the weak
brakes that are meant for a civic or a
small piece of crap, but tahoes are
very versatile, and capable of
whatever you chsoe to throw at it, it
can easily conquer them, reliable and
good looks.

4x4, 5.7 V8, 2dr great looks, ample room, ground clearance, and the symbol on the grill

upgrades brakes, more brakes, wish they had the vortec heads, more hp, bigger tires stock

Run Away!
By McKeever

I owned my Tahoe for 4 years and can
write a book on the problems I had with
it. So, I'm afraid that I cannot write
a decent review in 700 characters or
less.

So here's a condensed review of my 1995
Chevy Tahoe:

Stay away from this "SUV"!!! I have
owned 20-25 vehicles over the years.
My Tahoe was the absolute worst!

How was that?

Exterior design. Interior layout.

A few less cup holders & a lot more quality! I will NEVER purchase another GM product! Since they screwed me on this one, that is my revenge! NEVER AGAIN!!! Actually, I just purchased a brand new vehicle & it's definitely not a General Motors product! HA!