Z71, 6 Speed Auto, Cheap(er)
By zjones on
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)
Way better than my 2007 Classic 5.3 Silverado was. Smoother faster stronger more options better gas mileage. AFM works just fine. The 6 speed automatic is about 8 years late but now that it's here it was worth the wait. It's a much better unit than the old 4 speed. Frame much stronger, bed is mounted right up next to the cab now and when you jam your 4 wheeler in there it won't bend the top of the bed anymore. It drives WAY better than the old ones...I had to zig zag at 70 mph to miss a stupid deer and the rollover and brake system work well. The new dual zone climate control actually works now too. 13000 miles in 3 months because I love to drive it.
Favorite Features
Heated Leather, Auto All Wheel Drive, that Wonderful 6 Speed Automatic and it's Manners, The Whole Truck Really...Lots of Details. VERY Quiet on the Hiway even at 85 MPH. Fuel Economy...I have got around 21 MPG running 70 a couple times.
Suggested Improvements
VVT for the 5.3 which Chev just announced but they will kill it by also putting in 3:08 gears to try to up the gas mileage...mistake I think. Mine has the 3:42 gears and I wouldn't want them any taller in the hills towing.