Used 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Good Truck
By Bob

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Took this truck from the dealer and went on a vacation to Tennessee. Put 2300 miles on it with no issues. Average fuel economy was 18.5, which is not to bad for this size vehicle with the 5.3

Ride comfort, 20" wheels, towing capability, 5.3 overall performance, the six speed transmission.

To much cheap plastic on the interior, cloth seats are difficult to clean. Interior door handles need to be repositioned for better access

Dissappointed
By Dissapointed

Wanted to buy "American",Traded a Ridgeline(mistake),I noticed the quality difference right away, if I could have taken it back a week later I would have,they(GM)offer you $500 to wave the 60 day return option(now I know why).The Bluetooth works sometimes (AT BEST), the new 6 speed transmission is "Jerky" and shifts noticeably more than it should, at 9700 miles the brakes squeak,the speakers vibrate,the cloth seats are extremely cheap material. I had 36000 on the Ridgeline when I traded and it was a much tighter vehicle. I will either go back to a Ridgeline or other Manufacturer soon. Very disappointed in the Silverado. LT2 ZR1 CREW CAB

Ride on the interstate, remote start

Bluetooth, Jerky 6 speed transmission,Speakers,the stereo system is terrible for a $36,000 vehicle, brakes, seat quality. Disappointed in GM quality as a whole.

Good truck
By Chris G

Upgraded from an 08 2LT Silverado into this 09 LTZ and love it! My truck currently has 9,000 miles and have had no problems whatsoever. The only thing i am a little mad about is this truck rattles alot when going over bumps which my 08 didn't. Maybe it was built on a friday?

XM radio, seat heaters, remote start, locking tailgate, 6 speed auto.

more consistent build quality

Bad Transmission
By T Swindell

Loved the truck when first bought, but noticed occasionally that the transmission shifted hard. With only 3400 miles, decided to take a trip to the keys from southeast ga. Before we reached Miami, the truck was jumping in and out of gear. We stopped at 8:30 pm to check fluid lever, there was no fluid. Called onstar, they sent a tow truck that never showed up. Had to rent a room, find a dealership to replace rear seal. Continued on trip, on return same thing happened, continued on refilling fluid. It is now in the shop getting rebuilt. So now I have a brand new truck with rebuilt transmission. Have only made 2 payments. Am I thrilled or what!

Better transmissions!!!

Great Ride
By Dale S

I've had the 09 LT for three months and have 10K on it already. Putting another 3K on it next week. Ride is very good and the Z71 package gives it more stability in high wind conditions. The 6 sp auto or manual transmission is fantastic. Pulled a loaded 18' trailer through a blizzard and never had to touch the brakes in traffic, just went to manual and controlled speed with the touch of a button. The only other vehicle I can put as many comfortable miles on is my Mustang GT, but the truck rides much better. Keeping it at 65, 19.5 mpg not unusual.

6 sp. auto/manual transmission. XM and on star. Ride and engine.

Little buttons on the climate controls and not convenient to get at.