Used 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Best Car I have Ever Owned
By LOVE MY MONTE

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vechile in Oct '05 and I am loving it. It was a one owner vehicle and had 150,000 miles on it. It has 165,000 now and looks and runs like new. No rattles, doesn't burn any oil, drives like a new one. I would recomend this car to anyone. I contacted the original owner and he said he had no problems in the time he owned it other than a traction control malfunction that was fixed by the dealership under waranty. I drive it everyday and would reccomend this car to everyone.

Favorite Features

I like the sunroof, OnStar, dual climate control, 200 watt cd system, and the way it looks and handles. No rattles, no rust and looks new.

Suggested Improvements

cCould use a few more horses.

Problematic Car
By Dissapointed

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Battery was bad at 10,000 miles. Head gasket blown at 45,000 miles (constant low coolant light on = expensive repair). Fuel injectors bad at 25,000 miles (cleaned). Engine mounts replaced at 60,000 miles (very expensive). AC controls bad at 40,000 miles. Electronic module computer bad at 60,000 miles (replaced = very expensive) Mechanic at the dealer's said he has seen these problems repeated over and over with this model. Who pays for it? Who did you think? GM? Naahh... I had mechanical breakdown insurance, but had to pay $250.00 for each incident. What I saved with 0% finance, I have spent in repairs that one would never believe to occur in such a new car. No more GM! Enough!

For Mechanics Only
By Slim

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car requires constant maintenance. If you're not a mechanic, I'd get something else. The head gasket went at 85000 miles and cost just under a grand to fix. Tie rods, hazard switch, locks, etc, etc, etc. It can't go but three weeks before something else falls apart.

Favorite Features

Makes mechanics wealthy

Suggested Improvements

Too much to list!

Very Pleased
By Gwen

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 11-00, brand new. I have been so pleased with it that I am now trading it for a new 2006 model. I need the new warranty features, if something were to go wrong. I have never had any serious trouble with it at all.

Favorite Features

The remote key, looks, low tire pressure monitor, heat & air still work after 5 years.

Suggested Improvements

Power windows need improvement on reliability.

Very Pleased!
By Char li

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

So far I have been very pleased with my 2001 Monte Carlo I bought a year ago. Its a nice ride,good on gas on the highway.

Favorite Features

I like the door locking automatically when you start the engine. I also like the message center. The fact that you put gas in on the drivers side is good too because you can see if you leave the flap open by mistake when you look in your mirror. There is also plenty of storage space.

Suggested Improvements

The doors are a bit heavy, and sometimes its a bit sluggish going up hills. Needs a little more leg room in the rear.