2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
My love let me down
By Hera on 07/11/08 01:48 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe

I fell in love at first sight with the newer Monte and bought one in 2004. It was an excellent car for the first year or so then things started to go downhill. By 75,000 miles the car started missing and hesitating which seemed to be fixed by frequent tune-ups but the solution was only temporary. Now, with a year left on my 5 year loan, the car has major electrical problems - turn signals only work occasionally, some of the lights in the car quit working, it has troubling power surges that make it stutter while moving and it keeps killing a perfectly good battery. I was advised to dump it soon by a mechanic I took it to recently. And I too had to replace the driver side window switch.

Driving a beauty
By jay on 03/03/08 13:16 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe

I have enjoyed driving this beautiful vehicle. It's a real eye catcher, and iI have had numerous compliments on my SS Monte Carlo. Many thanks to the guys at the Chevy corporation. I just wanna jump up and click my heels!

I was looking for an Imapla
By Open New Mexico Road on 09/24/07 12:01 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe

I was looking for an Impala, but the salesman introduced me and sold me on the sportier sibling, the Monte Carlo. 85% of the 114,000 miles are highway miles...good miles. The 3.8 engine is as strong as the day I bought, and except for two recalls, only had to replace the drivers' side power window toggle switch. Still gets good gas mileage, 30 mpg in the city. It was also comforting that I did not have to trade it in when I had to put two car seats, on teenager, and a wife into it. It actually had more seating space than my wifes S-10 Blazer. Has the original paint, no problems except for highway debris. I would love to buy a 2008, but going to keep the 2000 until she can't go no more

Felicity's Review
By Felicity on 04/13/07 16:22 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I love my car! I love the Monte Carlo! She is so sweet, and so much fun to drive. My Monte is so hot, even when she was stock she was so fly and and her curves all in the right places. She drives beautifully and oh so smooth. I sure hope she lasts me my lifetime.

Love the Style, but Hate the Problems
By Capehart on 02/10/07 09:58 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe

46 miles after purchase, the computer goes out. Great for 2 years, then the transmission goes out, sunroof gets stuck open and needs to be replaced. Now after a new head gasket from the leaking oil, it leaks worse. The car only has 88,000 miles now.

Best Car I've ever owned. I love it
By hd on 06/06/06 10:37 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe

It's a great car. I bought it for college and I'm now out of college and I'm still driving this car. It is an absolute blast to drive. It's wonderful for someone who is going to be going to school and doesn't need a full size four door car but I'm the the point where I am going to be having a baby so I'm going to be needing a four door car or SUV.

Chevrolet 2000 Monte Carlo LS 2dr.
By 2DR LS Coupe on 03/13/06 21:34 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

Great gas mileage. Uncomfortable seating, makes back hurt with way front seats are made. Too uncomfortable entering and geting out of car, both front and back seats. Too low from front stepping out of car in front. Back headrests are very uncomfortable when trying to turn head, unable to see behind. The younger ones like drivng it though. So far it has been reliable and I do believe it is well made. I will never buy another 2 Dr. Too uncomfortable.

fun to drive
By alan olsen on 04/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

the car turns a lot of heads.whether it be people in the street or in other cars,they have to take a second look.

Pace Car Excellence
By Ritomcsspc on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe

I bought this 2000 mc pace car edition new and absolutely love it. The pace car package added to this vehicle was an excellent idea making a car that is one of a kind. There were only about 2222 of this type made for that year. I love the quality of this vehicle and have had no problems with the car. Even after owning it for over 3 years it still brings a thrill to drive it and still turns heads. I've been very pleased with the power and handling of this car and have taken it through the curves on the road at 80 or 90+ mph without flinching. I love the power but am glad to here Chevy is now offering a supercharged edition of the 3.8 liter engine.

ss baby
By djg1173 on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe

best car i have ever owned