Moldy smell
By wi_native on
2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
When I first bought this car I really liked it. I thought I got a lot of features at an ok price. However the car has since developed a moldy smell in the heater & GM cannot/will not fix the problem. I've taken it to 3 dealerships to try & fix this. The original dealership refuses to admit there's a smell. The 2 subsequant admit there's a moldy smell but refuse to fix it & suggested I take it back to the original dealership for repairs. The last 2 places informed me that they might not get re-imbursed from GM for warranty work if some other dealer had already worked on the vehicle.
Suggested Improvements
I'll never buy another GM product!!!
By schevw
on 07/21/11 13:42 PM (PDT)

BooHoo. Rate the car for what it is not for a moldy heater. Most people know that the majority of vehicles won't have an issue like that. What we are looking for are handling, performance, material quality, and so on, not your sob story about a smell! How can someone give a car one star for such a poor reason and say they will never get another GM product. Get real.

By lsweeney
on 08/24/11 17:06 PM (PDT)

I too had a problem with my air system and was told they are ordering a kit for the problem. I was getting a vinger smell. The dealership has it on order and we should have it fixed soon, however in the mean time I noticed today that after the car was parked and key out all of a sudden I heard a slight hum sound from my car. Upon entering it I noticed the air was running! The car was off the engine was not running just the fan and the vent was blowing air with the air on the o position after I put the key in and turned the engine off it went off. Alittle while later same thing happened again. We have had other problems with the car too that ruined our vacation...