The Car That Couldn't
By jackdaniels80 on
1998 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan
My very first car, bought at 18 year olds. I still love this car despite it being written off last year. Purchased at 200,000 Km, had major issues all around. Crazy sounds from dash. Head gasket blew, never did it professionally fixed, I just didn't care at that point. Felt like it would stall when reversing, idle was so rough, had 2 tune-ups, nothing fixed it. Steering wheel was stiff, felt like power steering was blown. Alternator snapped off the engine mount. Right front end snapped with the control arm. Transmission kicked all the time. Daytime running lights only worked when they wanted to. Fog lights didnt work regardless of bulb change.
Favorite Features
A lot of aftemarket mods, never got around to throwing anything on, spent more time at the repair shop getting diagnostics tests. Had an awesome sound system with an amplifier and subwoofer! I actually liked the body styling, it was pretty much a chick car but I still liked the look.
Suggested Improvements
Everything should be improved, nothing worked as it should have and even with repairs, it still couldn't be fixed to proper running order. I bought a GM because my father is all hooked on GMs, never owned anything else but this was a prime example of GM getting lazy.