2011 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Review: Not Impressed

2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Review

2LT Sedan (1.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic)

Not Impressed
By sepilyons on

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I thought I had spent pleanty of time researching vehicles before purchasing (1 year) apparently not. Bought the car in Aug 2012 with about 20K miles on it, there are now about 34K on it, and I'm now beggining to notice strange noises. When the car is turned on and not moving the hood seems to vibrate very loud, and after about 10 min of running it sounds like it's going to die. Also there is now a thump type noise under my feet similar to a ball rolling around when I break or accelerate. I know all cars have issues but I guess I didn't expect problems in under a year or ownership. Now I'm stuck in a car for the next 6 years that I'm not 100% happy with! Kinda sucks!

I do however like the way the car looks, it's sporty for a 4 door, but doesn't drive very sporty. I thought with turbo it would feel like I wasn't driving a 4 cylinder but it shifts hard and doesn't have much get up and go (for a turbo). I also like the fact that the extended warrently was very cheap and bumper to bumper, I'm very glad I purchased that now with the start of some problems! The diver seat is very comfortable but the passenger seat is not at all, it sits much higher then the driver seat and I can't seem to figure out how to get it down! I love the leather seats, nice feature, what I didn't realize is how small the backseat is, Kids in carseats, doesn't work!

Overall I don't hate it, but I'm not impressed and probably will never buy another GM vehicle again. I'm a Dodge girl and should have stuck with Dodge!!!