Used 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (170 reviews )

Fantastic fun
By Doug Constantine

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Just driving to the store is fun. King of the road. Car is bi-polar. Put the pedal to the metal and everybody around ducks. It is so much fun. And... after 15 months it has not been back to the dealer for repairs.

Quiet engine

Radio controls on steering wheel

Great car with annoying problems
By Paul Scarpelli

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

My C6 is a refinement of my C5, and the Z51 package provides better brakes, shorter gear ratios, and a tight suspension. I replaced the Lexus- sounding exhaust with a Corsa Sport system, and now it sounds like a Corvette. The bad news is little irritating problems, like a plethora of interior rattles, and a chronic roof panel rattle. Fixed under recall, it still makes noise. The worst problem is known as "dead battery syndrome" due to the need to shut off the car in reverse, or it stays in accessory and it kills your battery. This ruined a weekend for me. The F1 Supercar Run Flats are very good for run flats, and I can accept the low 220 wear rating in trade for great handling.

Head up display, XM radio, Z51 package.

Shorter throws in 6 speed, no shut-off in reverse, more reliable electronics without all the glitches, no more rattles.

Performance deal of a lifetime
By bosstoolman

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I used to be a hot rodder back in the late 60's early 70's and thought those days would never return. How wrong I was. The American push-rod V8 is back big time only better. That's an understatement. This car has everything a preformance minded regular guy could hope for. The power & torque is incredible. The sound is old school. The handling is definitely state of the art. Driving this car is something I look forward to every day. I was suprised at the comfort level sitting in this car. I got the Z51 handling option & highly reccomend it. This car is glued to the road. It is the best Corvette yet. The ride is suprisingly comfortable for this type of vehicle. I can't wait for spring!!

Powerful yet suprisingly economical 400 h.p. V8.Great short throw six speed.Option to turn off/on traction control. All the gauges & high tech readouts for important info. Locking shoulder belt. Goodyear run-flat tires. Cool removeable Targa roof. Powerful headlamps.Interior trim detail. Everything!

It's hard to imagine they can improve this. But I will keep an open mind.

5000 miles
By corvette Jim

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned a Jag, Mercedes, Nissan & Lexus. The '05 Vette has by far the best sports car peformance & style. The C6 really is a beautiful machine inside and out.

I like the looks exterior,headlights, comfortable seats, HUD, decent gas mileage 21city, 22.5-26.8hwy The large trunk is great for traveling.Interior quality I think is excellent. Of course the power is exillerating & cornering is like you are on rails I only wish '05s had offered the paddle shift 6s

The steering wheel needs to go up as well as in when exiting vehicle ie (Lexus)I pd.$1435 for a Borla exhaust w/ X pipe tour.ver.to JUST hear the exhaust!! Better gas mileage,better paint that resists chipping. ENGINE NEEDS V.V.TECHONOLGY. A switch to turn the DING OFF or down on the trip dash stuf

This Car Turns Heads
By RAYMOND KIMBLE

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Since I purchased my Corvette coupe in August 2005 I have experince nothing but pure joy whenever I drive it. I get compliments on a regular basis. This car is not only powerful but its also extremely fun to drive. Believe it or not, I've even been asked by policeman how fast it goes. I always give them the politically correct response of "55 miles per hour". I would recommend this car to anyone!

My favorite features are the engine, the Bose speaker system and the exterior design.

Integrated storage pouches behind each seat.