2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (169 reviews )
The Corvette C-6 can't be compared
By Mary on 08/02/05 16:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Chevrolete made all the changes on the C-6 that I would like to have seen on my 2000 C-5 and them some. This car exceeds my expectations as a Corvette lover. The moment I saw the C-6 in person I was trading up. Way up. It is no doubt the most sports car for the price. The pictures and TV ads do not do adequate justice to the appearance of the car in person. My car insurance went down due to the additional safety features. The C-6 is a head turner.

C-6 2005 Corvette
By Rick Losey on 08/01/05 09:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned the C-6 2005 since Feb and I have to say the car is outstanding. It gets great gas mileage, has superior handling, and lets of get up and go. This car is the sports car of sports cars. The only cars that can compare cost tens of thousands more than the Vette.

My Vette
By ARCH on 07/30/05 18:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

The ride is firm but smooth. The body styling is superb, with no wind noise at any speed. The drive train is quite smooth and very responsive. The styling is the best yet for Corvette.

My Vette. My total experience
By john milligan on 07/30/05 18:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

My experience so far with my Corvette has been excellent. What surprises me the most is the acceleration and the superb handling. It's the best Vette ever built. My first new Corvette was a 1963 with two tops.Chevy engineering has come a long way since then.

C6 compared to C5
By William J. Tewksbury on 07/30/05 14:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I own two C5's and one C6. The 6 is far and away superior to my 2000 and 2003 C5s in every category. All magazine reviews are absolutely correct regarding comfort, quietness, and quickness. An absolute pleasure to drive.

Daytona Sunset Orange
By pk on 07/27/05 16:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I drove the car from California to Florida with absolutely no problems. I got 25 miles per gallon (per the trip computer). I have to say it is the most comfortable car I have ever driven (I have a bad back). I want the Z06 now!

2005 C6 corvette
By Dan Dlabay on 07/17/05 20:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

So far I have had a very good experience with my Corvette. This is the first Corvette that I've owned, and I like the style, handling and performance of this car. For me it is a true sportscar that gives more bang for your buck.

Best and Most Fun Car Ever!
By smcwilliams on 07/17/05 18:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my second Corvette, and there is no comparison to my 1997. Don't get me wrong, I loved that car and I thought it was the best, but now I have a new love. This 2005 Corvette outperforms the older model and the sound proofing is truly improved. The climate controls have also improved not only for the driver but for the passenger as well. Lastly, the touch button start is unique and very dependable. If you want to have a drive of a lifetime, buy a Covette. No one will ever regret this purchase. What power and fun!

vrooom
By vrooom on 07/13/05 18:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Well worth the two month wait. Did not expect the head turning reactions. I've alwys been a European car driver, but love this car and it holds its own against them. A very fun car to drive.

Best Car I Have Owned!
By Erick on 07/13/05 15:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned this car now for almost 4 months and 4,500 miles, and I can't stop driving it. My Lexus is collecting dust. If you're looking for a fast, sporty car, this is the one for you!