2005 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
The best one yet.
By the dean on 02/25/06 18:29 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

The car is now 18 months old and the performance is better than ever. I drive long distances and the car is wonderfully comfortable. I can drive 800 miles a day and still feel relaxed at the end of the day. This is my 4th Corvette and it is clearly the best one ever. For the price, it has no equal.

A real toy
By Chris on 02/24/06 14:47 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Excellant sports car for the money. It turns lots of heads when we go out cruising. A real sharp body and performance package. This is our 4th Vette since we bought our first one in 1999. Would highly recommend this beauty to anyone wanting a great looking high performance sports car

Fantastic fun
By Doug Constantine on 02/12/06 03:02 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Just driving to the store is fun. King of the road. Car is bi-polar. Put the pedal to the metal and everybody around ducks. It is so much fun. And... after 15 months it has not been back to the dealer for repairs.

Great car with annoying problems
By Paul Scarpelli on 02/03/06 22:05 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

My C6 is a refinement of my C5, and the Z51 package provides better brakes, shorter gear ratios, and a tight suspension. I replaced the Lexus- sounding exhaust with a Corsa Sport system, and now it sounds like a Corvette. The bad news is little irritating problems, like a plethora of interior rattles, and a chronic roof panel rattle. Fixed under recall, it still makes noise. The worst problem is known as "dead battery syndrome" due to the need to shut off the car in reverse, or it stays in accessory and it kills your battery. This ruined a weekend for me. The F1 Supercar Run Flats are very good for run flats, and I can accept the low 220 wear rating in trade for great handling.

Somebody Stop Me!
By 10RENT2OWN on 01/25/06 21:18 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Some 20 years ago they told me "you'd get over with enjoing driving". Oh, No!!! Not after I got my 1st Vette. Is 12,000 mi in 6 mo a lot for a 2nd vehicle? I meet people at car shows and wonder-"600miles in a year, 900miles in a year" How can you own a Vette and only look at it - I know - the exterior gets the highest ratings. But still I can't stop driving it, mostly w/top down. Somebody stop me!

Performance deal of a lifetime
By bosstoolman on 01/19/06 20:16 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I used to be a hot rodder back in the late 60's early 70's and thought those days would never return. How wrong I was. The American push-rod V8 is back big time only better. That's an understatement. This car has everything a preformance minded regular guy could hope for. The power & torque is incredible. The sound is old school. The handling is definitely state of the art. Driving this car is something I look forward to every day. I was suprised at the comfort level sitting in this car. I got the Z51 handling option & highly reccomend it. This car is glued to the road. It is the best Corvette yet. The ride is suprisingly comfortable for this type of vehicle. I can't wait for spring!!

5000 miles
By corvette Jim on 01/16/06 00:22 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned a Jag, Mercedes, Nissan & Lexus. The '05 Vette has by far the best sports car peformance & style. The C6 really is a beautiful machine inside and out.

This Car Turns Heads
By RAYMOND KIMBLE on 01/14/06 17:55 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Since I purchased my Corvette coupe in August 2005 I have experince nothing but pure joy whenever I drive it. I get compliments on a regular basis. This car is not only powerful but its also extremely fun to drive. Believe it or not, I've even been asked by policeman how fast it goes. I always give them the politically correct response of "55 miles per hour". I would recommend this car to anyone!

My First Vette
By Jim Stevens on 01/14/06 15:33 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

What a sweet ride! Fast,comfortable, a head turner, even in Belleair Beach among all the Porsches and Mercedes sport coupes. The C6 lives up to all it's billing and then some. Great handling on long trips as well as around town.I have to drive it every day (maybe that's why I have almost 15000 miles on it since May '05). People come up to look at it everywhere I go. Even teenagers roll down their windows at stop lights to comment on what a beautiful car it is. I waited a long time for my first Corvette, but it was definitely worth the wait.

It's OK
By mike on 01/06/06 11:45 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Not a bad car. A little overpriced. A Honda S2000 would be a better choice. Fit and finish are fair, nothing to brag about. Interior is sparse and void of luxury, in fact dated and disapointing. Bought the car to try to recapture my youth (had a couple of 60's versions). Effort failed.