Used 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

After 4 years
By RHood123

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Only drive my C6 1600miles/year;stored half the year, sometimes wonder why I have this car. Then I remember...it speaks to you. When you're behind the wheel; performance,visibility,tradition speak for themselves. Exterior classic design, interior: wish I had steering wheel controls, better carpet, less plastic. Have never had a problem with anything, but then again, at 1600 miles/yr. Terrific value for a truly classic sports car. Did any American male grow up not wanting to own a Corvette?

Handling, economy, exterior looks

Interior improvements

New vette owner
By mike

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

First off let me say I love this car!! I have waited patiently (for the most part) to own a Corvette. I test drove a c5 version a couple of years ago and quite frankly it turned me off Corvettes. I just started looking again and saw the '05 at a great price and couldn't resist. I test drove it and fell in love. To me this is what driving a corvette is all about! It has power, style, and comfort. I am a tall guy (6'4") so sports cars aren't exactly built with me in mind. I have take this on modest rides so far (2-3 hours) and I have no problems with comfort. To sum it all up, if you are thinking of buying a vette, buy the c6!

Traction control, nav system, HUD, overall ride of vehicle

Blue tooth capability, improve radio (I was a bit disappointed with the sound system)

lots of problems,many repairs required
By mlh

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have never owned a car that has needed so many repairs. Since purchased in Sept 05,it has been in for repair at least 12 times! Things like the roof almost blowing off.They tried to fix the problem but didn't. Then it was replaced with a new roof. Shorty after that,a recall for this problem was quietly announced. The list goes on:Door latch replaced;repair window so it would close tightly (twice);repair an reinstall door panel; headlight assembly replace;trunk latch replaced; alternator bearing had to be replaced;problem with front right wheel assembly;bad paint. No room left here to list other problems. With extended warranty,I have to pay $200 labor for each repair.

Rides good.

Go ahead, buy one!
By CA C6 Fan

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

One of the finest vehicles I have ever owned. Blindingly fast, comfortable to drive every day and immediately recognizable. It drives like a commuter (overall 22 mpg - from 400 HP???) and performs like an exotic. Mine is silver (exterior) and black leather (interior). Loaded with all the goodies (you've got to get the Z51 handling pkg & the Bose stereo). Have had it for about 6 months/5K miles and it has been extremely reliable. I did purchase a GM/Vette extended warranty, just in case (got a great deal on it too). I have the automatic (5spd) and the only thing I would have done differently would have been to get the 6 spd. manual.

Z51 handling pkg, Bose stereo, heads- up display, multiple targa tops, Navi, XM options, heated seats, climate control and push button start/passive key lock features.

Can't think of any. However, be advised that w/no spare tire (space), you must purchase RunFlat tires for this vehicle. And since only 2 manufacturers make them (GoodYear and Firestone), the tires are very pricey (about $250-$400 per tire).

2005 Corvette
By Jim Hamilton

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is our 3rd new 'Vette and is by far the best yet. Not only is it the most fun to drive but gets great mileage (34/Imp. gal). I disagree with those who compare it poorly with the 911 which I rate v. highly. Not only is it as fast but it is much more easily maintained, as far as being as much fun, I'd say it is more fun than the 911(its sometimes a bit of work) but perhaps a bit behind the Boxster. I rate interior design as good but the C6 has badly needed the new "leather wrapped" trim of the '08, since it was introduced. Now if they can just upgrade the seats for '09 ! I'd rate the build quality up to at least an "8-8.5" for '08,comparable to the 911. Ours is still rattle-free !

Great mileage. Easy to maintain motor. handling. Looks!

Better interior (addressed in the '08) Better seats