Used 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

lots of problems,many repairs required
By mlh

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have never owned a car that has needed so many repairs. Since purchased in Sept 05,it has been in for repair at least 12 times! Things like the roof almost blowing off.They tried to fix the problem but didn't. Then it was replaced with a new roof. Shorty after that,a recall for this problem was quietly announced. The list goes on:Door latch replaced;repair window so it would close tightly (twice);repair an reinstall door panel; headlight assembly replace;trunk latch replaced; alternator bearing had to be replaced;problem with front right wheel assembly;bad paint. No room left here to list other problems. With extended warranty,I have to pay $200 labor for each repair.

Favorite Features

Rides good.

Go ahead, buy one!
By CA C6 Fan

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

One of the finest vehicles I have ever owned. Blindingly fast, comfortable to drive every day and immediately recognizable. It drives like a commuter (overall 22 mpg - from 400 HP???) and performs like an exotic. Mine is silver (exterior) and black leather (interior). Loaded with all the goodies (you've got to get the Z51 handling pkg & the Bose stereo). Have had it for about 6 months/5K miles and it has been extremely reliable. I did purchase a GM/Vette extended warranty, just in case (got a great deal on it too). I have the automatic (5spd) and the only thing I would have done differently would have been to get the 6 spd. manual.

Favorite Features

Z51 handling pkg, Bose stereo, heads- up display, multiple targa tops, Navi, XM options, heated seats, climate control and push button start/passive key lock features.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any. However, be advised that w/no spare tire (space), you must purchase RunFlat tires for this vehicle. And since only 2 manufacturers make them (GoodYear and Firestone), the tires are very pricey (about $250-$400 per tire).

2005 Corvette
By Jim Hamilton

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is our 3rd new 'Vette and is by far the best yet. Not only is it the most fun to drive but gets great mileage (34/Imp. gal). I disagree with those who compare it poorly with the 911 which I rate v. highly. Not only is it as fast but it is much more easily maintained, as far as being as much fun, I'd say it is more fun than the 911(its sometimes a bit of work) but perhaps a bit behind the Boxster. I rate interior design as good but the C6 has badly needed the new "leather wrapped" trim of the '08, since it was introduced. Now if they can just upgrade the seats for '09 ! I'd rate the build quality up to at least an "8-8.5" for '08,comparable to the 911. Ours is still rattle-free !

Favorite Features

Great mileage. Easy to maintain motor. handling. Looks!

Suggested Improvements

Better interior (addressed in the '08) Better seats

My first Vette
By mark

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have had this car for about a year and half. Fun to drive. Gets a lot of positive feedback and turns heads a lot! My wife dosen't like to ride in it but that's OK. There are plenty of other people who do!

Favorite Features

Heads up display, XM satellite

Suggested Improvements

I have the Bose sound system. The left speaker buzzes sometimes. Dealer hasn't been able to replicate so nothing has been done. Manual rear hatch button doesn't work.

'05 C6 Corvette
By gbw1972

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned this 2005 millenium yellow Corvette for 2 years now with very few complaints. The XM satelite radio is the biggest disappointment with lower quality sound than regular FM radio. As for the drive, the occasional bump in the road will jolt the steering wheel a bit, enough to make me anxious if my speed is excessive. 400hp really is more than enough. The exhaust sound is less than adequate but is easily fixed with an after-market replacement. My MPG is over 20. The acceleration is incredible. As far as sports cars go, there isn't a smarter buy around, anywhere.

Favorite Features

I love the HUD (heads up display). I thought it would be annoying at first, but really wish my other car had it.

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth would be nice. Better stereo. Illuminated door sills. Backup camera.