2009 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Very happy
By Dave Wny on 11/18/08 12:25 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

So far I love this car. Fun to drive, sharp looking and excellent fuel economy. I purchased the LT 2 door coupe with the automatic. Plenty of power for regular driving and the interstates. Passing power is more then good enough. I am getting lots of compliments on the style of the car. I got a black one with the 16" rims and spoiler and chrome package. Lots of heads turn to take a look as I am driving. Rides and handles very nicely. It looks and drives great. I am very, very happy. No problems at all after the first 2 months. For the money it's an excellent car to buy. I am more then pleased.

So far, exceptional value
By Jake on 11/13/08 11:38 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I also bought "Go"balt during the GM employee price period. Nice incentive to get what turns out to be just about everything I hoped for, even the color I wanted - yellow. Great handling. Only 1600 miles but getting 27.2 mpg last check. Work ride between 40-50 mph at 60 miles each day. Would've liked hatchback. Rear deck just in the way & to hold speakers. Rear spoiler can block vision. I'm 6'-1"+ & seat is comfortable but I must cock my knees just so on entry. Interior a little chintzy but hey, it's a commuter car with go-power. The refig display is different. I have trouble reading it in the variety of color combos it offers. Currently getting dealer installed cat- back system. A kid at 58!

2009 SS Cobalt
By Why Not on 10/04/08 11:02 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought the Cobalt SS Sept 15. So far I’m very impressed. The turbo really helps the 2.0 liter create power. It feels faster, stops quicker and handles better than my 96 TransAm WS6 (and it was a performer in its day). The reconfigurable display is awesome, the Brembos fell like an anchor is thrown out to help stop it and it handles like its on rails. The seats feel great, standard bluetooth is cool and the short-throw shifter is outstanding. I've had Vettes, TransAms, and tons of 60's era muscle cars. At 54 years old, this car puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. With the GMPP plan offered last month, I’m sorry I didn’t buy two of them for $22,400.

My Cobalt Rocks!
By HoosierDiva on 09/17/08 05:16 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It's a small car! Handles beautifully, the Ecotrac whines a bit more than I like, but I love it! Having a compartment that is more easily accessed by the driver, yet secure would be helpful. the 'tray' under the Emerg brake doesn't 'corral' things well and they end up on the floor (not safe for drivers to fetch). XM may be a keeper and I feel much safer with the OnStar...some people may feel it's 'big brotherish but if big brother wants to keep tabs on my grocery store runs...he can help load and unload them! ....the dishwasher too! ...can drive me to work too!!

Wow
By dale on 09/16/08 07:48 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Really surprized with this car. I needed an inexpensive car to drive to and from work. The gas mileage is unbeatable, it is averaging 39 mpg. I really like the 5 speed. It has plenty of power. This is a much better car than the Corolla I was looking at and a lot cheaper.

Good, solid car
By John on 09/12/08 21:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The driver's seat is very comfortable, the car drives good, rides good, and wind and road noise is minimal. The fuel economy is very good. The right rear speaker is defective, a new one has been ordered. One negative design flaw is that the arm-rest between the driver and front passenger seats has to be raised up in order to set or release the parking brake. A telescoping steering wheel would be greatly appreciated by long legged drivers such as myselg.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt in VA is:

$130 per month*