Used 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

A Great First Car, Easy Manual
By redschecter

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe XFE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car back in May as my first car. I had to learn how to drive stick, but this car was easy to learn on. This car is fun and comfortable to drive and, in my opinion, looks much nicer than any other vehicle in this price range. I'm only 5'11" and I hit my head on the ceiling while sitting in the back but who cares, I wont ever have to sit back there, she's mine. The biggest issue I've had so far was with the dashboard, after six weeks it started rattling loudly. My local dealer said the problem was with the original design of the dashboard, which causes it to warp, and they improvised a solution. Of course, the repair was free. A dash-mat will make the interior look much nicer.

Comfortable, decent sound system, easy clutch and stick, large trunk (fit most of my apartment in there, minus the furniture of course) avoided several accidents at a local interchange thanks to good brakes despite lack of ABS. 32 mpg avg for me!

move the front cup holders back an inch or two. Chevy needs to kill its labor unions so that they can focus on quality control, a panel screw fell on my foot a few weeks ago, oddly enough, nothing's missing any screw so it must've just been left there from the factory.

2009 Cobalt LS #2 Automatic coupe
By Jim

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Loved the first 2009 Cobalt I bought in January, bought a second one. Different color same equipment. Same ride, same great mileage, this one has a spare tire and spoiler- luxury. 36 mpg hwy with the automatic- measured on fill-ups, not the trip computer in the car (which shows 33.8 avg.)

Gas mileage and coupe styling.

Discontinued model. Cruze needs to have a Base XFE coupe.

A Great American Made Car
By MichaelB2009

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I was in the market for a new compact gar with Great MPG. When I went to Vegas in 2008 I rented a Toyota Corolla, Then in 2009 I rented a Focus for a Week then My next Trip I rented a Cobalt, Each one I rented for 7 days & I put on close to 1000 miles in the week going to the Grand Canyon and Red Rock Canyons. Even drove through the Dessert. The Toyota is a death trap,the accelerator stuck on me. The Focus (Mexican Built 1.8 engine) is not as fast and struggles to get up. to speed and has noisy acceleration. The Cobalt 2.2 is the fastest 0-100 & Top Speed hands down. I drove it hard & it impressed me with 32 MPG with Auto Trans.Paid about 11K with all Rebates combined & my 4K GM Card Rebate

The 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Auto 2dr Coupe is FAST with Great MPG, I got about 30MPG. I've had my Yellow XFE coupe for about 16 months and 25,000 miles on it, the MPG gets better and better. The car is also extremely Fast & Quiet and had low road noise top speed in the Dessert about 125 American made.

Replace cloth seats with better washable material,Make Spare Tire, Ash Tray&Lighter Standard instead of a option.Free XM is great for a year but I went through a circle jerk to Renew you have to waist like 6 hours of time with overseas call centers who speak like clones with marbles in their mouths

Great Car!
By bwalk1

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My daughter purchased this car in March and after recently completing an 8 day 3200 mile cross country trip I have to say this is an extremely comfortable vehicle to drive and I am impressed with the overall quality and performance. The front seats are VERY comfortable, there is plenty of room in the back seat and it averaged 38 mpg on our trip. The car handles great, is very tight and has a quiet cabin. Her car is equipped with a smooth shifting 5 spd and has a light clutch that makes for smooth starts and effortless shifting. The gauges are easy to read, controls are well laid out and the AC worked great even in the 115 degree desert heat. This is a great car that I highly recommend!

Handling, comfort and value.

Relocate cup holders so large items don't get in the way of some controls

I love my Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe!
By Steph&Lou09

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It is my first car! Love love love it! It is the best. Hands down. Others are jealous. It's a sexy car. I named him Lou. It has good gas mileage. Never had a problem with it :) Chevy for life!

Everything!