Used 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

A Great American Made Car
By MichaelB2009

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I was in the market for a new compact gar with Great MPG. When I went to Vegas in 2008 I rented a Toyota Corolla, Then in 2009 I rented a Focus for a Week then My next Trip I rented a Cobalt, Each one I rented for 7 days & I put on close to 1000 miles in the week going to the Grand Canyon and Red Rock Canyons. Even drove through the Dessert. The Toyota is a death trap,the accelerator stuck on me. The Focus (Mexican Built 1.8 engine) is not as fast and struggles to get up. to speed and has noisy acceleration. The Cobalt 2.2 is the fastest 0-100 & Top Speed hands down. I drove it hard & it impressed me with 32 MPG with Auto Trans.Paid about 11K with all Rebates combined & my 4K GM Card Rebate

Favorite Features

The 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Auto 2dr Coupe is FAST with Great MPG, I got about 30MPG. I've had my Yellow XFE coupe for about 16 months and 25,000 miles on it, the MPG gets better and better. The car is also extremely Fast & Quiet and had low road noise top speed in the Dessert about 125 American made.

Suggested Improvements

Replace cloth seats with better washable material,Make Spare Tire, Ash Tray&Lighter Standard instead of a option.Free XM is great for a year but I went through a circle jerk to Renew you have to waist like 6 hours of time with overseas call centers who speak like clones with marbles in their mouths

Great Car!
By bwalk1

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My daughter purchased this car in March and after recently completing an 8 day 3200 mile cross country trip I have to say this is an extremely comfortable vehicle to drive and I am impressed with the overall quality and performance. The front seats are VERY comfortable, there is plenty of room in the back seat and it averaged 38 mpg on our trip. The car handles great, is very tight and has a quiet cabin. Her car is equipped with a smooth shifting 5 spd and has a light clutch that makes for smooth starts and effortless shifting. The gauges are easy to read, controls are well laid out and the AC worked great even in the 115 degree desert heat. This is a great car that I highly recommend!

Favorite Features

Handling, comfort and value.

Suggested Improvements

Relocate cup holders so large items don't get in the way of some controls

I love my Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe!
By Steph&Lou09

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It is my first car! Love love love it! It is the best. Hands down. Others are jealous. It's a sexy car. I named him Lou. It has good gas mileage. Never had a problem with it :) Chevy for life!

Favorite Features

Everything!

let's do it again
By Happy Camper

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe XFE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Okay, here we are with almost 10K, and with have no complaints. MPG is rising, as expected. Took a day trip two weeks ago, and averaged 38. Got my letter from GM re: steering motor, and so glad they FINALLY claimed it. Also still happy with the dealership. Took the little car in recently for it's third oil change, after having been there a week earlier for a nitrogen refill on the tires. Noticed that somehow, they left grease on the interior, mentioned it, and it was gone when I picked the car back up after the oil change. Little things do matter...

My gas sipping money saver
By Cher

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe XFE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love the gas millage this car gets. I have had it a year and it still gets 37mpg highway and 26-27 city. I do 65mph on the highway, not 55. However, to keep the gas mileage great you must change the oil and filter once every 3,000 miles, not 6,000 miles like the dealership tells you to. THIS IS A GREAT ALTERNATIVE TO A HYBRID CAR. I couldn't afford a hybrid so I bought this car and it really does get the gas millage Chevy advertises. Not to mention it's a lot better looking than a Toyoda Prius. The lock cylinder on the car did go at 16,000 miles but my warranty covered that.

Favorite Features

Fuel efficiency, shifts nicely, handles alright. Pretty decent car for the price.

Suggested Improvements

As always with the American cars, the plastic cheap looking interior.