2009 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Great Car!
By bwalk1 on 09/03/10 11:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My daughter purchased this car in March and after recently completing an 8 day 3200 mile cross country trip I have to say this is an extremely comfortable vehicle to drive and I am impressed with the overall quality and performance. The front seats are VERY comfortable, there is plenty of room in the back seat and it averaged 38 mpg on our trip. The car handles great, is very tight and has a quiet cabin. Her car is equipped with a smooth shifting 5 spd and has a light clutch that makes for smooth starts and effortless shifting. The gauges are easy to read, controls are well laid out and the AC worked great even in the 115 degree desert heat. This is a great car that I highly recommend!

2009 beige cobalt
By christine Parker on 08/15/10 22:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, 30000 miles, mechanical problems, turn signal wouldn't shut off, now "something " is draining the battery, in shop for diagnosis. could not locate fob for above mentioned car

Great car
By Lisa on 07/30/10 13:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car with low expectations, but it was a good deal. Turns out this little car is awesome. I won't be trading up anytime soon. It's perfect.

I love my Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe!
By Steph&Lou09 on 07/29/10 13:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It is my first car! Love love love it! It is the best. Hands down. Others are jealous. It's a sexy car. I named him Lou. It has good gas mileage. Never had a problem with it :) Chevy for life!

Great littel gas saver
By Lisa on 07/28/10 12:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my Cobalt with 35,000 miles. I'm already impressed. I drive quite a bit and this car can drive forever on one tank of gas. I love the exterior.

Little Demon Car
By Kevin on 07/23/10 14:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

First off, I always get tons of crap from my buddies when I tell them I got a cobalt until I take 'em for a ride. Amazing power for such a little car and the brakes stop on a dime. Only real problem is everywhere I go, people try to race me lol

let's do it again
By Happy Camper on 04/27/10 16:59 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Okay, here we are with almost 10K, and with have no complaints. MPG is rising, as expected. Took a day trip two weeks ago, and averaged 38. Got my letter from GM re: steering motor, and so glad they FINALLY claimed it. Also still happy with the dealership. Took the little car in recently for it's third oil change, after having been there a week earlier for a nitrogen refill on the tires. Noticed that somehow, they left grease on the interior, mentioned it, and it was gone when I picked the car back up after the oil change. Little things do matter...

2009 Chevy Cobalt LT
By Thomas on 04/22/10 20:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car to replace my 02 VW Passat because it was starting to cost me anywhere from $1000 to $2000 every other month in repairs. The Cobalt reminds me of a cross between Toyota Corolla and a Toyota Yaris without the dorky exterior of a Yaris. It drives fairly well and has zero blind spots.

My gas sipping money saver
By Cher on 03/15/10 14:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love the gas millage this car gets. I have had it a year and it still gets 37mpg highway and 26-27 city. I do 65mph on the highway, not 55. However, to keep the gas mileage great you must change the oil and filter once every 3,000 miles, not 6,000 miles like the dealership tells you to. THIS IS A GREAT ALTERNATIVE TO A HYBRID CAR. I couldn't afford a hybrid so I bought this car and it really does get the gas millage Chevy advertises. Not to mention it's a lot better looking than a Toyoda Prius. The lock cylinder on the car did go at 16,000 miles but my warranty covered that.

dissatisfied
By robert minnie on 02/22/10 04:25 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

l purchased this cobalt last august and have not been happy with it, very poor gas mileage, rated for 48 and l get no more than 25/26, back seat leg room is real small, l feel embarrassed to take anyone with me, other than these little annoyances the car is ok, wouldn't buy another one

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt in VA is:

$130 per month*