1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Consumer Review: The Eternal Pickup!

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series - Consumer Review

The Eternal Pickup!
By Stoopy on

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB

First ever new-from-the-dealer vehicle I ever bought, and over 10 years and 150,000 miles later, it's essentially the same pickup truck! This amazing thing refuses to break, stumble, or die. I have the 4.3 V6 and 5-speed manual transmission, am still on the factory clutch, shocks, and even front brake pads! A little slow but very reliable! I drive it for about 2 or 3 hours a day in highway commuting traffic, from high speeds to bumper-to-bumper traffic, and don't even notice using the clutch pedal anymore. Words cannot describe what I have been through with this truck in 10 years and I know that one day, when it finally goes, I'll break down and cry like a kid.

Rock solid dependability. Get in, turn the key, drive off. Each and every time for years and years and years. Rubber floors that only need to be wiped down and still look new, whole interior still looks great when I clean it annually.

The old 4.3L V6 could use some more power but still has plenty of torque and is hard to kill off the line. Chevy's got a new line of engines and upped their power anyway. Can't think of any improvements to an old comfortable shoe!