1992 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Love My Car
By Lindadee on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

My 92 camaro is so sharp and has been good to me, I still love it after 10 years. I never had a problem with it, it's a beautiful car to drive on a clear day. (NOT GOOD ON WET ROADS) It handles curves like nothing I have ever driven (I never drove a real race car) but it's probably like just like that. -A lot of car around you.- I did have an unfortunate accident years ago (nothing that couldn't be fixed) but with the heavy doors it has my camaro most likely saved me from a more serious injury. IT'S JUST A BEAUTIFUL -- GOOD CAR !!!!!!

Great Car
By zer0321 on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

The 3.1L V6 does a good job at getting up and going, which is fine for most people, but if you want performance you want the V8 for sure...great platform to start with easily adaptable to fit many engines and can out handle alot the the newer cars! for those of you wanting cupholders, just get some from a 1991 or 1992 firebird, they mount on the doors, and work great.

1992 Camaro RS 5.0 w/ 5 speed and T-Tops
By CamaroRS4Me on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

My dad has owned a 1983 Z28 for my whole life, it was only natural that I follow suit and get one. I happened upon this lightly used RS the day it went on sale.... 2 weeks later it was my gift to me for graduating high school. I couldn't have made a better decision! I've owned a 1993 Lumina Z34, and the RS has the same performance, including the MPG, but alot less technical problems. Also, I know how to work on the RS myself, which is a big plus.

Who says Japanese cars are more reliable
By Mikie on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

My wifes civic motor blew at about 100k highway miles despite oil changes every 3k miles and perfect maintanence. My fathers new Toyota Corolla burned up it's oil and almost blew at 15k miles despite oil changes every 5k. Toyota tried to claim it wasn't covered by waranty because he didn't have it changed at the dealer. He can keep the car running if he uses synthetic oil and changes it every 2500 miles. I've had my Camaro for over 8 years. While driving 80k hard city miles, I have had to replace tires, clutch, brakes, alternator, brakes, radiator, and air pump. In other words, routine maintenance. I plan to keep this car for a long time.

1992 RS Great car
By Robc1996 on 11/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

I ordered this car back in 1992. It has been the best car I ever owned. Over 207,000 miles and it's all original. It's fun to drive and can take a lot of abuse. 5 speed / V8 allows you to really drive aggressive. Great gas mileage and extremely great reliability. Over 200K and has never seen a tow truck.

5.0 V8 Good mpg and lots of hp
By The Chad on 10/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

I bought this one from my best friend, his dad rebuilt it from the ground up about two years ago. This is the best car a guy could ask for. Great looks and fun to drive, I will never sell this car!!!

Runs like it's brand new
By Camaro Driver on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

I bought the car used when it had ~148K miles on it. I just turned 180K miles and I have done very little to keep it running. I had to do the normal things like change tires, shocks, brakes, etc., but I haven't had any expensive repairs to deal with, especially when you consider the mileage.

Camaro's are Great....
By Justin Barnes on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

I just got my car and its great, besides some little things that need to be tuned up on it. It has a new exaust system which makes this beast sound great with the V8. I LOVE IT.

148,000 miles!!!
By Mike Hobbs on 05/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

my car has a lot miles on it, but still rides very good and has very few rattles and squeaks. the t-tops do not leak. i am really surprised the car is as solid as it is. I guess youd say its Genuine Chevrolet!

nice car
By theladiesman02 on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

i love this car the best feeling is when you drive by a group of people and they all turn there heads there a few lil nickle and dimes problems but overall its a good car