Used 1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

25th
By 25th Ann.

1992 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

I love my 25th anniversary Camaro. I like cruising around wth the T-tops off and the pedal to the floor. Ive had no problems with it since I bought it in '98 except for the brakes and tires that I'm a little hard on. I wish I had the money to do the car some justice and restore it to its prime.

I'd have to say the T-tops and the classical white paint job. Wow what a beautiful car.

The only thing I would have improved on my particular car would be to have made it a manual transmission. That would have made it even better to drive.

Best car I've owned.
By Louie

1992 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

Brought it back in 94. Don't hardly drive it anymore, but starts everytime. Uses no oil even at 175,000. It's not been babied. Skipped oil changes, 15,000 once, hard driving at times, Would think nothing about buying it again. This is the 3rd one I've had in this style and my experince with them have all been the same. Wonderful cars to own . Gets 25 mpg,out of a V8. Everything still works on it, including AC(never recharged)even after 11 years. I've own a 99 TA also, but I think this is a much better car. Although slower and handles worst. I've had many offers trying to buy it from me, but it's like letting an old friend go. It's also got me there and never left me stainded.

T-tops.

Cup holders. Needs more HP 170 out of a V8 is just wrong.

Impressive
By Danger Mouse

1992 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

This was my first new car purchase & I am very pleased with my decision. This F-Body Rocks!! The car has been great to me despite some hard driving on my part. I'd heard the 700R4 tranny might give me worries; to date I've had none. I've replaced the water pump, radiator (improper cap...my fault), alternator, starter, brakes (front-5 times, rear-once), oil pan (my fault again), hatch pull-down motor, 3 sets of tires & had to repair the instrument cluster once (speedometer was broken). The headliner is falling now; but all- around, not bad for nearly 13 years & 120,000+ miles! My daughter is looking forward to driving this car in two years. I'll probably still be enjoying the ride. :-)

Low center of gravity straightens the corners! Aggressive steering feedback promotes race car feel. Install an after market exhaust & listen to this baby roar! A K&N filter on the intake end puts the fun in motion.

Ram air induction would have been nice. Or at least take cooler inlet air from lower in the engine compartment like the '92 Ford Mustang 5.0. The arm rest compartment is hard to reach while driving. A small glove box under the huge dashboard would do nicely along with cup holders.

Martha's RS
By Martha Tate

Very good expierence. No Complaints

More opening in grille to allow more air sometimes runs hot

Nothing ROCS your body like an F-Body!
By 3rd Gen F-Body Lover

1992 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

I just got my 92 Camaro RS w/Z28 handling pkg Bright red w/Flame Red Interior, on the 2nd of January 2004 (what a way to start the new year huh?). I've always wanted to own a Camaro. And was blessed with my car. I absolutely lover her she's awesome. The styling is fly, 20 bucks is a FILL UP using 93 Premium! Nothing like cruising with the t-tops off! I've heard for years HOW reliable Camaros and T/A's were...I've NEVER had to add a drop of oil to the car and I've had it for nearly 2 months! (I had the crankcase filled with Valvoline MaxLife the next week of ownership)

Styling,Decent MPG,T-tops! they are the ONLY way I'd consider a Camaro post 1978,Great ride quality,5.0 runs strong,TH-700R4 shifts wonderfully but will get a B&M shift-kit

There's NOTHING about the car that I would have changed say 12years ago. But now it's nothing that Perfomance mods from SLP and YearOne can't fix!