Buyers Beware - Poor Quality, lost value
By Paratrooperwife on
2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)
This is my first and LAST Chevy purchase. I paid $21K and three years later I can't even get $7K, when comparable vehicles are going for $14K. First week I had it the vehicle leaked. A bad leak. I should have known then. Since then it's been one thing after another, sure warranty covered them for a while. Then my extended warranty kicked in, but the $100 deductable has cost me over $400 this year alone. Leaks, serpentine belts (3 in 3 years), passenger and driver window motors, windshield wiper gadgets gone bad, and more. Poor design, extremely mind-bending trade in values so low that I cannot believe it. The 2-door allows poor access to back, and the big fat spare tire is hard to see around
Favorite Features
There are no favorite features. A hard monetary loss lesson for me to learn, I have no favorites to mention here. There is nothing good about purchasing a vehicle in which 3 yrs later there is little to now value when compared to comparable vehicles of similar age.
Suggested Improvements
A 2-door that enables passengers to climb in the back with ease. Better sound system. Make a vehicle that doesn't leak so bad the carpet must be replaced. That big tire in the back window is impossible to see through. More attention to details inside and out. Better resale value for my expenditure.