2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
Overall pretty satisfied
By LEDOUX on 09/10/07 20:29 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

First day I bought this SUV alternator went... it was covered by the dealership so didnt have to pay out of my own pocket. Bought this SUV with 79,000 miles after about 10,000 miles front right tire fell right off while driving due to trashed wheel bearing. ABS/brake lights always on even after replacing brakes. Strong engine great 4WD... I have the ZR2 version, love the raised suspension and big tires... lots of space behind 2nd row seats. Enough room for a 15 inch kicker in a 36 inch box.

Loved this car
By Aaron on 05/04/07 07:37 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV

This car drove great. Was my first car, got about 18 to 20 MPG city/highway. Only problem I ever had was the stupid seat recline handle but GM has a metal one for $15 and that one worked great. I was in a crash in October, I had new tires put on and one wasn't secured right by the mechanic and it broke free, the rear tire then blew, I went throght a wall and 2 trees before stopping on the third, this car saved my life. Drives really well, interior is very durable, 5 16 year olds couldn't destroy it so its very good. I would highly recomend this SUV.

Maintenance not worth the price
By ed on 04/23/07 11:39 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV

Drives like a bad truck. Didn't hit 20,000 before repair costs started hitting. Now at 45,000 miles replaced axles, replaced wheel bearings, replaced CV boots, replaced blower motor, replaced intake manifold, replaced alternator and battery. Front differential fluid leak, oil leak. Driver's side door squeaks. Avoid this car, unless you're buying my used one.

2000 Red Chevy Blazer
By kmax89 on 04/22/07 14:52 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

The car has been a great one so far. The only compaints I have are the excessive engine noise and how ruff is shifts at first. The gas mileage hasn't been too bad but could be a little better for just a midsize SUV.

I am very pleased with my ZR2
By J Ryan on 04/09/07 08:19 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I really have nothing bad to say about the ZR2. It is everything I had expected it to be. It's an SUV so the gas mileage won't be the greatest, I, along with other reviewers have had gas gauge problems but as long as I count the mileage I know how much gas is in the tank. I have had to replace the ball joints on each side, and put new brakes 2 years ago. Other than that I haven't had a problem with the truck. It just turned over 100,000 miles, a couple years ago I saw a Ford F-250 stuck on a guys lawn trying to pull out his tractor that was on a Big Tex Trailer. I asked him if he needed any help and my Blazer pulled both the truck and the Big Tex(with tractor on it) right out of the mud.

Reliable but always dumb problems
By Alex on 03/27/07 11:51 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought the Blazer when it was 4 years old and had 64000 miles. It ran good, but within one month, I brought it in for a new exhaust system, o2 sensor, fuel injection system, and transmission issues. Since then, I have brought it to the dealership on three different occassions which needed to have other mechanical parts replaced. No major issues but many minor problematic parts have had to be replaced. Buy an extended warranty if you get one because these will use it up. Otherwise, the SUV rides decent and has always been dependable as it always starts and has never leaked fluid.

I'm iffy on this one
By Fred on 03/21/07 12:36 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

When I first bought it - I was excited to have an SUV becasue of the space (I upgraded from a '92 Cavalier) But from the start I had problems getting it started (which turned out to be a fuel pump issue that we figured out 3 years later). I, like a lot of other people on here, had fuel gauge problems, even after the pump got fixed - and I replaced the wheel bearings and ball joints twice! Gas mileage stinks - even for an SUV - and it doesn't really handle that well. I was always replacing brakes and rotors -and the spare tire blocking all the rear visibilty was brutal. If you are not in 4WD, it's terrible in the snow - and even in 4WD it's marginal at best.

Only Americants for me
By My Country, My Truck on 03/03/07 09:17 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

90,000 miles and still going strong. Blazer has some competion though, my 86 S-10 is still going at 175,000 miles. I wanted a full size truck but will be happy hauling the family, plowing through the snow and pulling the camper with this little powerhouse ... for now. Of course gas mileage isn't as good as my Cavalier. It's a truck. Even if I could get 50 mpg I sure I would want 51. Fuel pump went out, 1 rear speaker and passenger seat lever went out. All three under warranty. Nice to see GM has increased warranty to 5 years/100,000 miles. Must be pretty confidant.

Good so far
By Dbinie on 01/30/07 19:25 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Have had good luck with this vehicle. Gas mileage has been less than expected. I average about 15 MPG town or highway. Hood cable and passenger reclining handle broke but from reading the reviews I am not the only one with these problems. A little rough on the off road travel but it gets the job done. I think that it is a great vehicle for the price.

Lora's
By Lora on 01/13/07 06:14 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

A very nice vehicle for 4 people. Handles well, but ride a little rough. Transmission went out approx. 68,000m. Then driver power window motor stopped working. 114,000 heater has stopped working. I enjoy this vehicle. I got a lot better gas mileage with a K & N air filter.