Used 2000 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Blazer

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Most Helpful|
Piece of Junk
By RP

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle has been the worst, by far, of the eight cars I've owned to date. 1st ball joint/hub kit at 43000 miles, the other at 63000, two sets of brakes, gas gauge breaks and needs to be replaced, driver seat tilt breaks off with normal use, cheap plastic emergency break handle breaks off stranding the vehicle in a snow storm as the breaks will not release, hood cable require replacing at 69000 at which time it was noted that the "engine oil cooler lines are leaking," and now as of 3/5/06 the Security light is on and the vehicle does not start on command with out a 10 minute wait due to electronic and fuel issues and the seats have terrible ergonomic design with zero lumbar support

Favorite Features

CD/radio easy to access and adjust volumn when the excessive tire noise overwhelms you while driving on the highways.

Suggested Improvements

Have honor and dignity to correct the massive engineering designs, mechanical and especially electrical, in the vechicle

Biggest mistake of my life
By Blazer Hater

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

This 2000 Blazer has been nothing but a headache. I don't have a tow package and most miles are highway. I don't ride it hard or off road, HOWEVER, by 60000 miles the transmission blew, the hub assembly had to be replaced and every little thing inside has fallen apart or off (ie the seat adjuster). It's been nothing but a money pit. I can't get ANYBODY to buy it and the dealerships almost laugh when I drive in asking about a trade. Big time money sucker. Don't ever buy one or any other GM vehicle. I'm going back to a Honda. Forget this domestic crap.

Favorite Features

None.

Balzers are awful
By trkguy

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

There is something wrong with the design of this vehicle. There absolutely should have been a recall for the front end of this car. I have replaced the ball joint on both front wheels twice on this car in 4 years. Now I have also had to replace both wheel bearings as well. I will never buy another Chevy SUV again.

piece of junk
By aaroonk277

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

the interior rattles so bad i have to keep the volume up high, along with many many other problem that the dealer ship couldn't figure out. dealership said so sad to bad. I really got taken for in this buy. I should have paid alittle more for a nissan or a toyota and had fewer problems.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

take this suv's designers and fire them. this car is nothing but problems

I got robbed
By Tom

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

I purchased my Blazer at about 40000 miles. And what a let down it has been since. I've actually considered seeing if it was a lemon but by the other reviews on here I'm guessing I should have done the research and expected it. Every thing everyone has mentioned having problems with I have do the same and some more. I'm a college student and constantly breaking the bank on repairs for this. I will never buy a Chevy again. I have spent close to $5000 on repair in 3 years of having it. Gas gauge, ball joints, rotors, bearings, rear axle, pittman arm, seat handle, wiring, lights on the dash, heater core. The repairs take all the fun out of this automobile unless you have deep pockets.

Favorite Features

At least it goes good in the snow.

Suggested Improvements

They don't make it anymore good riddance.