2004 Chevrolet Astro Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Astro model:
2nd Astro Van
By Nancy on 05/08/08 16:30 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Astro Minivan AWD 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

The first one I bought was a 1995, drove it 109,000 miles, the transfer case went, replaced it for $2300 then traded it for a 2004 model. It is now 2008 and I have 51,000 miles and need a new transfer case. Both vehicles had electrical problems with the 'check engine soon' light, numerous brake repairs and each needed idler arms and torsion bars. I love the van tho and today when my mechanic told me to junk it because I needed a transfer case and a brake hub and a speed sensor, I said no. But, now, I need to find a more reliable vehicle that will carry and do all the family stuff that my van does.

Good Van
By jayvict on 08/05/07 18:20 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Astro Minivan Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Our family expanded so we bought this van with 34k miles for a great price. We travel home 3 to 4 times a year (1000mi round trip) and it runs like a charm. No problems. I feel safe when my wife is alone with the kids on trips. Love the rear air and towing capacity

Good solid van
By Jayvict on 06/28/07 10:44 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Astro Minivan Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

We have four children and love this van. It has plenty of power and room. For the money it was and is a great deal.

Frustrated
By CC on 12/08/05 10:36 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Astro Minivan Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

The size of this van cannot be beat. I LOVE my Astro Van, but I have had the van in for warranty work 9 times for what we thought was the transmission, which was replaced, the accelerator was stuck, and a variety of other engine- transmission problems. I am still in a rental and waiting for a diagnosis. I owned a 1992 Astro and had 150,000 miles on it and never had a problem. Mixed feelings if I would ever buy another.

My Chevy Astro AWD ROCKS!!!
By buRN on 09/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Astro Minivan AWD 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I got myself a 2003 Chevrolet Astro AWD LS and it has enabled me to do things I've always dreamed of,I found myself traveling with my loved ones safely and comfortably in this Vehicle, so I may be a bit biased, but I still enjoy washing the damn thing and looking at it as well. P.S. they are also great for dates!!!

By Jeff & Rosa H on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Astro Minivan Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

We are on our 2nd Astro, our first is a 1988 Astro LT. The 4.3L engine is one of the best.I fix cars for a living and this is the van for my family.

Best Towing Minivan made
By 44TR on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Astro Minivan Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Our family of four has been using this as a family vehicle for a year, with several long distance trips towing a popup camper. The ride and comfort are excellent; we get 18mpg city; 22mpg hwy and 18-20 towing. But the bottom line is that if you want a minivan that has no trouble pulling a trailer 2500 lbs or more, then the Astro/Safari is your only choice.

LOVE my Astro !!
By WV MomOnTheGo on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Astro Minivan AWD 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Over all this is by far the BEST vehicle I have ever owned .... I traded in a ExtCab 3Dr Silverado and bought my Astro when my 2nd child was born. I love having 2 full benches in the back and still having a LARGE area behind the 3rd row for hauling and storage. All of my friends and family have children also so traveling together is easy and roomy with this van. Not to mention when a huge snow and ice storm hit WV I was able to get to and from work everyday safely when others even some Trucks were left sitting :)

GM take a hint.
By Astro Fan on 05/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Astro Minivan Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

The best vehicle in its class. The problem is that it's the only one in its class. Because of no competition, GM has treated the Astro like an ugly step child. The last revision was nearly ten years ago. I upgraded to a 2000 model from the '91 I had. The only noticeable difference beside appearance was the reliability of a newer vehicle. After just a few years my new van rattled just like my old one. I've had many service calls that were fortunately under warranty. Delco batteries only last two years in Florida.I love my van but I'm sorry that when I'm ready for a new one, GM will have done little to give me a reason to buy.

a class of its own
By mandoman on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Astro Minivan Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

mr. Edmunds-- as anyone who has owned an Astro Van can tell you, it is in a class of it's own--true mid-size--I just bought my 4th one in 18 yrs. All have had over 200k mi.on them. I still own my 96 (in add. to my 03) with 260k with no major repairs. I have had a chance to see 1st hand , the Astro outperform, in almost ALL respects, the so called competition. GOD save the Astro !!