2012 Cadillac SRX
By aggiedave on
2012 Cadillac SRX Premium 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
I bought a 2012 SRX - Premium in November 2011. Performance: great. It is a quick car for what it is. It rides good. However... there are a lot of "little" things, details, that were missed. I am convinced that the people they let drive the pre-production versions of this car were people that had a vested interest in keeping development cost down, and getting the car to production on time. I traded a Nissan Murano for this - I like the Murano better. I hate the car; my wife loves it. Go figure.
Favorite Features
Hatch door - power open/close. Keyless remote/start. 3.6L is very responsive. Tranny shifts great when going down the highway. Handles good. heated/cooled seats... directional head lamps are pretty cool. Trim seems to be tight. GPS... it's "OK." GM only includes an ABC touch pad to enter addresses/city/street names. There's no QWERTY option. Really? yeah. When you select a destination, you touch "start." Then it tells you not to use it while driving, and then you have to hit "go" for it to then map the drive. Why would they make you take your eyes off of the road twice just to confirm where you want to go???
Suggested Improvements
Tanny has issues when backing: put in gear, and it starts moving - give it gas and it "catches." Who ever thought the push button emerg brake was a good idea?? I hate it! The console; instr cluster has yet to grow on me. Mileage gauge is "min to max." Why not put numbers?? There is no place in the console area to put a phone, glasses or change... There is no room between the door and seat, so when you reach to get an umbrella or napkin, you scrape your watch against the door. There is a lot of wasted space on the console with buttons that are hardly ever used... should have been soft keys on the display. Back up cam not shielded enough-water gets on it and it's virtually useless
By commander58
on 02/08/12 06:24 AM (PST)

Nissan Murano a better SUV/CUV ? Really? I do not think so. I do agree that there is no spot to store your sunglasses. Other than that, I think it is a winner!