2012 Cadillac SRX Base SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Cadillac Srx - Consumer Reviews

2012 SRX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Sort Reviews by

Great All-round Vehicle
By firetoice

2012 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle in September, 2011, replacing a 2010 SRX. Super for longer trips; comfortable, quiet, solid, efficient. Fuel economy through 50,000 miles of mixed driving: 24 mpg. Unfortunately, this model has increased in price by ~$7,000 since I purchased my 2010, though I still believe it is a good value.

Favorite Features

Exterior design, panoramic sunroof, great night illumination. Overall package: leather seating; both front seats powered, with lumbar support; OnStar; and power tailgate lift. Extendable driver seat bolster for thigh support.

Suggested Improvements

Plusher front seating surfaces. Increased rear leg room.

46K miles and still not a problem
By moscoman

2012 Cadillac SRX SUV Premium 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

With the exception of tires recently changed, this car has been absolutely a pleasure to own and drive. I waited specifically for the 2012 model to get the larger V6 with increased HP, and it has not disappointed. Extremely comfortable car to drive.

Favorite Features

Sound system is great. Visibility is good. Acceleration is very nice and appreciated.

Suggested Improvements

Would like the seat memory button on the door rather than on side of seat. Minor issue for sure and maybe personal preference. Pain in butt, no pun intended, to find the button for my driving preferences after my wife has it set on hers.

Good All Around SUV
By rocky92

2012 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My 2012 SRX is front wheel drive luxury model with 18 inch wheels. No problems after one year which is nice for an SUV with very many features that could go wrong. Good handling, quite, and good pick up for an SUV and I drive it aggressively. All around MPG is 20 to 21 MPG which is better than the AWD models.

Favorite Features

Auto rain sensors, neat tire presure display, rear trunk opener, heated stearing wheel and adustable gas and brake pedals. I like the buttoms on the 2012 SRX instead of the the CUE system Cadillac came out with in 2013.

Suggested Improvements

Great ride but it coud be softer. I noticed that putting the tire pressure at 33 psi instead of the 35 psi recommend give a softer ride. PSI at 37 psi give a hard ride.

2012 SRX Performance
By madillini

2012 Cadillac SRX SUV Performance 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car a month ago. Also considered the Lexus 350. It wasn't even close. The SRX seems much roomier inside and has many more nice features. The exterior is chiseled yet sleek, the interior is roomy and comfortable. Seats are very supportive and love the pull out thigh support on the drivers side. Haven't used the GPS much but no problems with accuracy when I did. I actually like the push button parking break. Drive is very quiet, acceleration is quick, steering is responsive, shifting is ultra smooth, this car is a joy to drive.

Favorite Features

Heated steering wheel. rear cargo rack system, power moon roof, pause on live radio, push button parking brake...

Suggested Improvements

Review camera fogs up

Unreliable Nav System.
By tweeder

2012 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

While I enjoy all the reasons I chose the SRX (ease of entry/exit, style, seat comfort, handling, etc), the expensive Navigation system is a joke! The map display is fine, the audible prompts are OK, the way it works with POI's is confusing, but the main reason for having a GPS system (guiding you to a destination) is totally unreliable! I, like so many others I now discover, have, in only a few months of ownership, experienced numerous incidence of inaccurate directions. Apparently the map database used is woefully out of date and inaccurate. To compound the disappointment, GM knows it's bad and offers no fix! Back to Japan or Korea for next car!

Favorite Features

Style and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Install a Garmin Navigation system and improve the gas mileage.

2012 SRX is a lemon
By gjet1

2012 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2012 srx luxury model in march of 2012. Since then a rear shock broke car was 2 days old. Next the brakes made a strange chirping noise, front pads and rotors, now the engine misfires. It has been in shop for a total of 45 days for this problem. GM cannot fix it not the dealer where car was purchased or the GM engineer dept. The car just misfires when it feels like it. GM tried cols 1,4 map sensor,throttle and alot of other parts. Today the steering make noise. Nothing but problems and headaches. I have driven many caddy loaner cars all 2012 srx and at least 3 of them had this misfire problem. My ADVICE STAY AWAY FROM THIS CAR. THE NEW STANDARD OF THE WORLD DISSAPOINTING.

Favorite Features

None anymore

Suggested Improvements

Yea fix this LEMON

Poor Navigation system
By kytom1

2012 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased 2012 SRX with Navigation. Entered my home address and the Nav System gave totally wrong directions. Cadillac dealer ordered new Nav disk - but error ( and wrong additional addresses) remained. Called Cadillac customer service - and only response I get is 'we're working on it'. I have a handheld Garmin that takes me to my driveway - but the Cadillac Nav system puts me 1/2 mile away. My dealer attempted to drive another 2012 SRX with Nav to my address and that vehicle also made wrong turns. AVOID this option. If and when cadillac repairs this disater - I will be happy to report it. Meanwhile - use caution if you intend to purchase this option. Better yet, DON'T.

2012 Cadillac SRX
By aggiedave

2012 Cadillac SRX SUV Premium 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2012 SRX - Premium in November 2011. Performance: great. It is a quick car for what it is. It rides good. However... there are a lot of "little" things, details, that were missed. I am convinced that the people they let drive the pre-production versions of this car were people that had a vested interest in keeping development cost down, and getting the car to production on time. I traded a Nissan Murano for this - I like the Murano better. I hate the car; my wife loves it. Go figure.

Favorite Features

Hatch door - power open/close. Keyless remote/start. 3.6L is very responsive. Tranny shifts great when going down the highway. Handles good. heated/cooled seats... directional head lamps are pretty cool. Trim seems to be tight. GPS... it's "OK." GM only includes an ABC touch pad to enter addresses/city/street names. There's no QWERTY option. Really? yeah. When you select a destination, you touch "start." Then it tells you not to use it while driving, and then you have to hit "go" for it to then map the drive. Why would they make you take your eyes off of the road twice just to confirm where you want to go???

Suggested Improvements

Tanny has issues when backing: put in gear, and it starts moving - give it gas and it "catches." Who ever thought the push button emerg brake was a good idea?? I hate it! The console; instr cluster has yet to grow on me. Mileage gauge is "min to max." Why not put numbers?? There is no place in the console area to put a phone, glasses or change... There is no room between the door and seat, so when you reach to get an umbrella or napkin, you scrape your watch against the door. There is a lot of wasted space on the console with buttons that are hardly ever used... should have been soft keys on the display. Back up cam not shielded enough-water gets on it and it's virtually useless

Very happy with the SRX
By commander58

2012 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2012 FWD Luxury model. Great lease value compared to competetors such as Acura MDX. Infinity EX, FX, etc. Delaership experience excellent. SRX rides fantastic. Road noise non-existent. Handling, acceleration, shifting of the transmisson all great. Seats are firm, but I find the SRX to be very comfortable. Great feature content on the Luxury trim level. Averaging 21 mpg with mostly highway driving. Very pleased with the exterior & interior appearanc eand build quality. I was in the market for a luxury SUV/CUV and found this to be the best value out there. I have not had a GM product for quite a few years, and I'm very impressed so far!

Favorite Features

Exterior & interior appearance. Black leather interior with white stitching. Bose 5.1 sound system, power liftgate, heated steering wheel, panoramic sunroof, back up camera, no road noise at all! Good gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Fog lights should be standard on the Luxury trim level.

Cadillac Forgot Comfort
By brucetaxes

2012 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this SUV for 7 weeks and 3500 miles. The seats are VERY uncomfortable. The bolsters are too hard to the point that I have black and blue marks on the back of my thighs. The space between the bolsters is 11 1/2" but my rear end is 13 1/2" and I am not a large man. Maybe a larger person would have their own padding, but I don't. The seats are too hard. The back seat has no leg room and is also very hard. My biggest problem is with the head rest leaning to far forward. I can not sit straight in the seat. So I had to remove the head rest.

Favorite Features

Back up camera with lines to show you where you are going to go based on which way you turn the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Head rests more comfortable seats back seat leg room radio station buttons should be seperate from the navigation screen the car is too noisy when standing next to a running car. The noise level is ok while driving. improve visability to right rear side of car