2002 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
Out of lots of money
By people champ33 on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Fun to drive handles great for big car but have had so sink thousands of dollars into repairs in the shop every 3-4 months Northstar engine is crazy expensive to work on if needed. No doubt will never buy a dts again.

Still a great car
By Jerry K. on 08/25/10 16:32 PM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We bought our '02 Deville for my wife to replace her Chrysler 300M. It was bought used with 24K miles and we now have 94K on it. We have had all four bearings/hubs replaced, rear shocks, pass. window switch, one tie rod end and the pwr. strg. hose has a slight leak. Otherwise, it has been an excellent drive, smooth but have had the slight front end vibration above 60 MPH as commented by others. Four new Yokohama tires virtually eliminated it. Some of the dash switch lights have gone out but due to the permanent bulb design in the circuit boards, the bulbs simply cannot be replaced without a soldering iron. Engine/transmission are flawless. It uses a qt. of oil every 2000 miles.

Leaky leaky
By unhappycamper on 08/19/10 13:58 PM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great riding car and a looker, too. BUT: last year at 73000 miles I had to get oil pan gaskets replaced - $1300. Last month at 83,000 miles, the northstar has a leaky head gasket. That'll be another $1400 plus. Sad that such an expensive car develops problems so soon. I've driven Buick lesabres passed 160,000 miles with no such problems. This is my LAST Caddy.

Okay
By Keith on 07/25/10 06:33 AM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

It is quite a machine, motor wise. The motor drinks oil but other than that it has never left me stranded. I have one that also shakes at over 60, and when you brake it shakes. I have driven it across the U.S a few time, once non-stop except gas for 34 hours. I drive it in Europe right now. It is slow next to the cars over here, but it's rare over here. I've saw one. The one place the dash going from English to metric actually helps.

sorriest car i have ever bought
By dlbeach 46 on 05/06/10 13:29 PM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

this car has been in shop at least once month sence i owned it. warrent out and stil having to put 300 to 500 every other month . sensors, water pump, coolent tank. starter,what else to go wrong

Never Again
By dwagamon on 03/23/10 11:03 AM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I first purchased a 2001 Deville and turned it in under the Lemon Law within 6 months (26 times in the shop). We purchased a 2002 replacement. This car was good for about 35,000 miles. Then it started using oil, had to replace 2 seat heaters, water pump, and two starters. Since then it has been one senor after another, cruise control module, two more starters, flywheel, ball joint, etc, etc. I will drive this until it stops to get my investment back, however I could never be compelled to purchase another Cadillac in this lifetime! Not worth the cost outlay or the frustration level. I have also learned Cadillac, as a company, is not concerned about its customers - horrendous experience!

Best all around car I ever owned
By Charles Henry on 01/30/10 14:50 PM (PST)

2002 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This my is my fifth Cadillac and is the best driving car I have ever owned . I get good mileage for the size. I have had numerous repairs but I enjoy the it handles and I plan to drive for several more years .

Im lovin'it
By shawano on 12/04/09 17:22 PM (PST)

2002 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I was a Buick man till I got the great deal on this used 2002 dts. Under $10K. Gripes: 1-power steering pump quit 3 months after purchase. 2- heating element in top 1/2 of driver's seat doesn't get warm enough. Other than that, I love it. ride is better than my old park avenue and lesabers. I accept the lower mileage as a trade-off for the comfort and great ride. Some portions on the instrument panel and nav system are hard to see if the sun is behind you though.

Plush ride, needs service every 4 month
By Uwe & Wendy on 06/22/09 16:11 PM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We got the car in April 2008 with 60k miles. My wife has a 70 miles commute every day, so we are putting a lot of milage on the vehicel. Plush ride, very comfortable. However, every 4 months or so there had been issues - mostly with the electronic. Every visit in the shop is at least $700. No wonder that you can by those used ones so dirt cheap - you need to invest $3,000 or more every year just to keep them running! Gas milage is about 19 MPG on premium gas (the poster who reported 30+ miles is clearly smoking something!) with a mix of city & highway.

Great Value
By Hoss on 06/14/09 18:09 PM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my DHS in May of 08 with 58K miles on it. The only issue I have had is to replace the a/c actuator and I knew that going in. My car list new for 50,000 and I bought it for $7500. If you shop around you can make some great buys. Most of my friends say "why the bigh car". Answer: Comfort, safty, and great fuel mileage. Just did a Round Trip to KC and back today, 317 miles. Got 26.3 at 70-75 mph.