2000 Cadillac DeVille Consumer Reviews 2

2000 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Reviews

2000 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
WOW
By Larry on 03/14/09 07:56 AM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

If this is what a 8-9 year old Caddie feels and drives like, I am not sure I could handle a new one. I have driven mostly smaller cars in my life, but I think I will have a Caddie the rest of my life. Even if it is an old one! Have not had long enough to know reliability, but most of what I hear is good. Have put 12000 so far and the gas mileage is wonderful, better than most six cylinders I have had.

Fantastic Car
By George on 01/18/09 11:09 AM (PST)

2000 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

Love to drive this car great handling and comfort. But had problems with head gaskets had to replace them and oil leak. It does burn oil. Would love to have a newer model without head gasket problems and oil use.

Love It!
By Caddy Lover on 10/28/08 22:52 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan

This is an awesome vehicle! This is my fourth Cadillac and it carries the tradition perfectly. The mirrors tilting can be controlled by the feature programming as can most functions and are programmable to seat memory. the new design is good: still looks like a big ole Cadillac but is modernized and stylish. Peeforms well for a large vehicle and comfort has always been Cadillac's benchmark. has about 80k miles and runs like a clock standard maintenance only! uses some oil about 1.5 quarts per change but is not bad giving the volume it starts with (almost 7!). I hope to keep this car as long as possible and keep it next to my Fleetwood Brougham until my son can drive it. Cadillacs Always!

Northstar oil use
By JB on 09/30/08 18:42 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

For every one that posted a note about oil consumption, a quart or so every 2000 miles or so is somewhat normal. Excessive consumption can also be related to piston rings being stuck due to "babying" the engine. One relatively easy solution is to find a clear stretch of road, place the car in second gear and accelerate quickly up to ~ 70 mph, then coast down to 40 mph (no braking!). Do this 3 -4 times. It will help keep the piston rings floating free and seated against the cylinder walls, reducing oil consumption. Dealers and knowledgeable mechanics can also perform a chemical cleaning.

What a Great Car 2000 DHS
By getts45 on 08/20/08 21:02 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan

Wow! What a wonderful driving machine! Very powerful and very comfortable. Great fuel economy and mostly everything is great about the car. not any problems since our family bought it back in 2000 except normal services. Highly recommend this car.

My baby
By freshpeach on 08/18/08 14:57 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I love the way this baby drives and rides. I love the get up and go before anyone knows it I am way ahead of the slow revs in the so- called economy 4 and 6 cylinders!! She is very quiet in her coming and going; and I can control everything from the steering wheel!! I don't care about the gas mileage; she is the most comfortable and convenient car for someone like me, with a handicapped knee and right hand. Traveling on long trips in this car is like laying down in your bedroom and watching your favorite television marathon. Needed maintenance is not so cheap, but she is worth her weight in gold!!

Please don't buy this car
By EJ on 07/17/08 17:55 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I bought my deville two years ago, worked great for the first year and a half but now it uses about 2 quarts of oil between oil changes, had to replace a window motor, and electronic a/c vent in dash and, worst of all the head gaskets are blown and car overheats, also the transmission skips every now and then. Please save your self some trouble and find another car.

2000 Cadillac Deville
By lordbobthegreat on 05/04/08 13:07 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

An affordable luxury Car that has more than enough power with even the base 275 hp. The Northstar motor runs great although have noticed from time to time that it does knock. Haven't quite figured why it does that. Great Car Overall!

Cadillac DTS
By Rherman on 04/29/08 10:37 AM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan

Awesome car, I would not trade it for anything. This is my 3rd Cadillac, and so far the best.

Great Vehicle, but have cash
By DanA on 03/09/08 11:21 AM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan

I bought this DTS in 2003 with 114,000 miles from a dealer in MI. The exterior and interior were spotless. They still are other than the driver's seat leather due to my daily driving. All I had to do was test drive a DeVille to know what my dream car was. The car drives solid, accelerates smoothly, and always runs strong from acceleration to passing speeds. I love this car, yet it does have serious maintenance issues. When parts fail, shop around for labor, but expect to spend major dollars on parts. Northstar does burn 1qt oil / 2k mi or so, but is very tolerable as this doesn't seem to have major effects.