Used 2010 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Nice ride .Great style
By mrsteve1

2010 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Awd is a must and the exterior Crystal red is hot .The interior style works well for my 6 foot frame. Ultraview sun roof is very sharp. 3.0 engine is fine for me. I'm no race car driver.If you want to race around go for the 3.6..Leather is nice quality and its my kinda car. Reliability is yet to be determined but I opted for the extended GM warranty well worth the 2000 bucks.Takes 87 octane running just under 20 city. Nice heavy car and doors feel like the old days strong and solid!If your looking for a sharp car this is by far it!If you want some real American muscle I would go for the CTS-V...Time will tell how she rolls... but so far I love it!

Sunroof,black leather,aux for phone etc..Bose speakers..all wheel drive..Crystal Red Tintcoat

better mpg.besides that nothing

Good sports sedan
By tdbmd

2010 Cadillac CTS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my '10 CTS 3.6 with AWD about 6 months ago. This is my first sports sedan. The CTS handles great. Ride is firm but not bone jarring. 3.6 liter motor has good acceleration, but you have to rev it a bit to get the most performance from it. Have not had any bad weather yet to test the AWD system. Mileage is about 22 mpg in mixed driving and 26-27 on the hwy at speeds from 65-70 mph. The interior is comfortable and well finished. The seats are comfortable but really best for 4 passengers, 5 is a bit tight. Bose stereo has great sound and I like that you can hook up a iPod to it. Climate system works well in both heating and cooling.

Looks Handling and speed Interior fit and finish Can use regular fuel instead of premium

It would be nice if it had slightly better gas mileage, but it is a sports sedan.

I miss my Q45
By bobesherman

2010 Cadillac CTS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2010 leftover. The first week I considered returning it. Overall I like it, but interior storage is inadequate, mileage is less than expected and the visibility borders on being dangerous. I compensate by angle parking only on the end of the row and only making right hand turns. I traded a 1998 Q45. The CTS is not in the same class. I wanted to buy American with RWD and the CTS is probably the best.

The ride is smooth and the M mode on the automatic transmission works great in the Colorado mountains.

The interior storage space needs to be improved as well as the cargo space. A Valet key should be added. Redesign is needed to eliminate the blind spots, front windsheild posts, center posts and the rear window posts. The drivers' foot rest should be raised. I glued on a flip flop to solve the problem

Vehicle Hesitation
By Anonymous

2010 Cadillac CTS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

At slow speed especially when engine is cold the engine skipps and the transmission shifts eradically. The engine also hesitates at high speed when accelerating to pass other vehicles creating an unsafe situation.

The apperance of the car is outstanding.The ride and confort is superior.

Evaluation of the engine hesitation and take corrective action would be welcomed by all who experince this problem .

Exceeds my expectations!
By jeff

2010 Cadillac CTS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

i can see why the CTS was "motor trends" car of the year for 2008. i've owned mine for about 3 months and have 2500 miles on the odo. so far the car has exceeded my expectations. the 6 speed automatic is silky smooth with the 3.0 liter producing plenty of power - acceleration is quick and smooth. the ride is a bit stiffer than my 2004 Chrysler Concorde limited but yet smooth and controlled. i like the ride and appreciate the quietness. the exterior and interior styling and workmanship are superior - just what a Cadillac should be. the variable assist power steering is spot on. and it's nice to get back to a rear wheel drive after several decades of front wheel drive. so far so good!

steering, rear wheel drive, engine power, xm radio, option to set transmission to normal or sport mode. informative and well executed instrumentation, overall interior comfort, design and styling. exterior styling and color (radiant silver). smooth and quiet ride, wheels. and just plain fun to drive

softer seats ,easier access to oil dip stick. a remote opener with more range - i can unlock my Concorde from a football field away, need to be much closer to open my CTS. cabin air filter should be std on all trims, as well as fog lights, HID lamps and spare tire - after all it's a Cadillac!