Used 2011 Buick LaCrosse CX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Buick Lacrosse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

Changed my opinion of American cars
By ar15

2011 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am in love with my 2011 Buick LaCrosse CX. The car exudes the kind of quality i have expected from more expensive cars and the models made in Japan.

Favorite Features

The car is rock solid. Zero rattles and hardly any hint of wind noise. The seats and driving position are excellent. Performance from the 4 cyl is adequate for 95% of driving needs. It has good get up and go around town. The handling and ride is top notch. Not like your father's Buick.

Suggested Improvements

My only complaint about the car is the rattly sound the ac compressor makes when you 1st start the car.

LaCrosse: American Company, Global Design
By timinwi

2011 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

All in all This is one of the most uniquely-designed cars I have ever owned. Of course it's a GM product, but its also an amalgamation of engineering and design elements from Germany, Asia, as well as America. You would think that this would make for an odd combination, but all the elements really work well together. I bought the CX model with the V-6 and comfort convenience package for 26K which included a credit union discount and a loyalty discount - a great value for a refined, smooth riding, performance (280hp) car. The CX has cloth seats and I really recommend giving the cloth a look before springing for the leather on the CXL or CXS. The cloth is very comfortable and luxurious.

Favorite Features

Styling - profile resembles a 5 series BMW; smooth ride but still has crisp handling; good turning radius; V-6 has a lot of punch to it but yet it is relatively fuel efficient for a car this size; Onstar, generous space in back seat, comfortable seat position, incredibly quiet cabin with hardly any wind noise.

Suggested Improvements

Rear visibility is limited but that's the tradeoff for the swoopback design (kind of like the Camaro but not as bad); gas cap on right side, weird elliptical sensor on the interior electrochromatic mirror which is distracting and obstructs a small portion of the mirror; buttons and controls a bit complex and distracting which takes some getting used to. Note to engineers - why is increasingly complex gadgetry considered a good thing? Like, why do I need an electric parking brake?