2011 Buick LaCrosse Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:
LaCrosse Lemon
By lacrosselemon on 06/06/12 11:30 AM (PDT)

2011 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a new LaCrosse for $44,000 and are having major safety problems. The power steering has been worked on and replaced numerous times and is still making noises. The exhaust system had to be replaced after numerous times at Crown Buick and finally was replaced at 3 months. The car will not start intermittently. This has happened on numerous occasions and the service department manager nor the mechanics can fix this. The trunk pops open while driving and the latch was replaced. Crown Buick and GM are aware of these ongoing problems. GM offered to replace the vehicle but has not done so to date. The car has less than 5,000 miles. I am a prisoner to my home because of this car.

This is not your father's Buick
By lacrosselover on 03/27/12 20:11 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I was in the market for an entry level luxury car and was looking seriously at Lexus, Chrysler 300, Acura, KIA, etc... Every review kept pointing me to this car so I had to take the plunge and buy a 2011 CXL. From the minute I got in the car to the moment I turned off the ignition I knew that this car was everything Buick talks about with regard to the refinement that they have built into this car. I am an electrical engineer which means I am very analytical and I appreciate good engineering. This car is an absolute engineering marvel. The exterior is superb in design, the interior is luxurious and roomy, the V-6 Engine is very powerful and the sound system is top notch. No Complaints!

Attention to detail lacking....
By iceman721 on 02/18/12 06:41 AM (PST)

2011 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had this car as a long term rental and put several thousand miles on it. I am a previous Lexus & Cadillac owner. This car drives as well as the car it copied (Lexus LS 350). It is surprisingly quiet for an American car (on par with Lexus). The ride is also quite good over smooth pavement and acceptable on the rough stuff. The little things get annoying very quickly (see improvements). I wouldn't buy one of these new but I would consider one with low miles and a great price on the used market. The reliability ratings for the Buick brand have been above average which may inspire confidence. Set the bar higher Buick pay attention to the details.

Upscale Luxury Sedan
By bwia on 01/06/12 04:30 AM (PST)

2011 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Great car in all respects except for MGP that is well below expectations.

Beautiful, Feature Packed, Mixed Emotions
By jamessam on 10/09/11 17:36 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2011 LaCrosse CXS black/black 19"wheels, Nav, Roof, nice power, very sexy car. However the trunk is puny, one set of clubs only. The interior ergonomics take a few weeks of ownership to pinpoint. The dash curves outward at the door just enough to bump your knee when exiting. The foot well is very tight for my size 11 feet. I'm 6'1" and the center arm rest is too high and to far back making long trips uncomfortable. And there's no storage to speak of inside. Bought new 7/2010, my steering column was replace 11/2010. Last Monday the steeing gear was raplaced @ 17,500 miles! That was enough for me, traded it in Thurday, lost $ on it, but i want to be able to steer man I've got kids to live for.

2011 Buick LaCrosse Electrical Problem
By gvan2 on 06/05/11 18:31 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I used to love this NEW car but it stopped while driving. The entire electrical system shut down. I was able to pull over but don't feel comfortable driving car now. Can't imagine turning in front of a vehicle and IT DECIDES to stop!

Great car. Great value
By normanrubin on 05/16/11 16:54 PM (PDT)

2011 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased the 2011 Buick Lacrosse. The two other cars that I test drove were the Lexus ES 350 and the Lincoln MKS with ecoboast. The Lacrosse was by far the best value. The Lexus was bland and much more expensive than the Lacrosse. Aside from price and styling, I believe the cars were comparable. The MKS was 10K more than the Lacrosse and in my opinion, was unattractive.

My Best GM Product Yet
By dave1140 on 02/01/11 10:47 AM (PST)

2011 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned GM products for over 60 years. Our 2011 LaCrosse CXS is the best one yet. I have read all of the negative comments and so be it. The car has just over 600 miles and it just hums. The acceleration is great from a standing start or pulling on to an Interstate. The power is firm and reassuring. I receive absolutely no lean or sway while going around clover leafs at 50+mph. I do wish that there was an interior trunk release that leads me to a larger trunk. Overall I love the car.

Very Dissapointed
By cbrzezinski on 01/23/11 08:54 AM (PST)

2011 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Getting 14 miles in city and 20 in highway - far below EPA estimates. V-6 engine and steering wheel vibrate - dealer says that's normal as well as mileage. Very difficult to get into car due to low roof line. No storage, interior trunk release and interior gas cover release. Cheap carpets and no glove box lock. Has several fit and finish and mechanical defects - already been in for repairs several times. There is much better out there and for far less money and aggravation.

Not world class
By cbrzezinski on 12/23/10 15:34 PM (PST)

2011 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car maily because it looks great. But that's where it ends. There are several serious blind spots, the front headrests push your head very far forward making it very uncomfortable. Cheap materials like the carpeting, no trunk release from inside the car, no gas door lock, etc. After 2,000 miles the car has been in for several repairs with more to come. We are getting 12 miles to the gallon - dealer says all his customers are getting far less than what's advertised. Several mouldings don't even come close to lining up. Fit and finish widely varies by each vehicle on lot. Any interested buyers?

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Buick LaCrosse Sedan in VA is:

$128 per month*