Used 2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Awesome drive
By Dan

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I don't understand what the fuss is about this car. The iDrive, while it has its quirks, it's great after you learn to use it, after all this is the computer age. But regardless it is the best driving car on the road unless you want a really bumpy and loud sports car, this car has the performance and handling of a sports car that is actually comfortable to drive. There might be prettier luxury cars out there but none drive like this one.

Favorite Features

The driving experience, bluetooth

Suggested Improvements

Mainstream dashboard design would be nicer

Blew me away
By Car Lover

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 760Li 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

When I first heard of this car, I had a feeling I was going to buy it. At the dealer, they didnt have any to test drive because it is 100% custom made to your liking. Instead I drove the 750Li and liked it but I felt like I needed more so I put down an order for the 760. While driving, it accelerates like no tomorrow. Though its numbers are less than the Merc S600, it is a naturally aspirated car with no Turbos unlike the merc. It fits the demeanor of a luxury car. The interior is extremely well fitted with a leather suede top. Though slower and less technologically advanced as the Merc, I'd choose this anyday. Luxury cars aren't meant to be fast, they are meant to be ridden in.

Favorite Features

Massive reserve power. Cruising at 150 (top speed) from vegas in the desert, it gracefully glides along without struggles. Most practical car on the road. Especially like the massive trunk. It can hold the luggage for everyone and still have space.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing really. Its perfect.

In the shop for the first 30 days
By John Stadler

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Nice car was in the shop for 30 days with a noise that caused the dealership to pull the dash, and finaly found it in the sun roof. Not the quality that I would have expected. The blue tooth does not work well. I liked the old hard wired, worked every time

Favorite Features

Overal comfort

Suggested Improvements

Improve the blue tooth make it compatable with real phones

Another Home Run!
By Sheldon

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

My wife and I are thrilled with our new 750Li. We own a 2004 X5 and this is an amazing and luxurious addition. No problems and the iDrive is finally worth it! The 750Li and it's adaptive suspension makes us smile every time life throws us a bump! We will own one for life!

Favorite Features

Adaptive suspension, automatic shades, rear seat reclining and automation. The iDrive has greatly improved and the Sirius integration is fabulous. The adjustable 3D GPS system is very easy to 'navigate'.

Suggested Improvements

BMW might consider adopting a larger moon roof like the Mercedes. They have added a larger one in the 2005/06 X5 but it would be a nice feature on their flagship sedan.

The 750 is the Best!
By Rick Alsema

2006 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I agaonized about a what new car to buy after losing interest and patience with MB. Looked at Jag Super V8, A8 but the 750 was miles ahead of either. The iDrive is a joy and it makes you question the capabilities of current auto journalists who have not gotten used to this in the past 5 years. Love the power, space and most of the features. Extremely comfortable on any road surface. The car just looks great and does everything the way a car should. The power rear seats are a must and the rear DVD system is great on trips. The car has been totally flawless up to this point and everyone who sees it is impressed and curious.

Favorite Features

The exterior and interior styling. The comfort and adjustability of the seating. Great stereo. The car is just very impressive in all areas.

Suggested Improvements

The fact that you have to manually turn on the front parking sensors (unless you engage reverse first) is just dumb. I would like to see more "personalizing" features such as locking preferences and lighting preferences be available through iDrive.