2006 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
My First BMW
By ANDREA BABICE on 01/05/06 14:52 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first BMW and I am a very happy owner! I am a female and was very intimidated by the car but in a few days I mastered the iDrive and now I would not have any other car. It blows the Mercedes S class away, and the comfort is beyond words. The keyless entry and massage seats are a must! The only improvement could possibly be the gas mileage, but everything else is unbelievable!

Just got it!
By RLCPAPC on 12/27/05 13:03 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I took delivery on 12/19/05. Mine has the sports package, comfort seats, sirius, premium sound in black sapphire. This is very similar to my ex 04 745i but is faster. iDrive is about the same even though I did not have any problems with the iDrive in the 04 745i. I traded in a '05 645ci for this 750i because the 6 lacked rear seating space. This 750 is really nice and well worth the price. I tried one of the MB S classes but found this to be more fun to drive. Sirius comes with free 12 month subscription which is great. No recalls so far.

Failed
By Richard on 12/21/05 13:31 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Our New 750 died after 500 miles. Multiple warning lights came on Car has been in shop for 3 days and no answer yet to solution or when it will be returned. This is our 12th BMW and 4th 7 series They are great cars until they fail. I have had S classes and the Beamer is both more responsive and has a better road feel. I just wish the reliability was better.

Bye Bye Mercedes, hello 750i
By Charlie on 12/20/05 12:05 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I have always been a Mercedes lover, my wife talked me into the 750i and I can now say I will never go back to the MB! Powerful, superb handling, roomy and loaded with impressive features. I can not get over the power and acceleration. It puts me back in the sport car drivers seat while maintaining the luxury of the ultimate family sedan. The 750i is truly the finest car in the world!

Love My 750
By bigd on 12/19/05 22:13 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

This is the ultimate driving experience! After having researched and tested many cars none came close to the 750Li. It is luxury sedan and sports car in one. I highly recommend this car.

The new 7
By GA on 12/13/05 17:06 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Incredible car....I owned a 745 previously. This car seems so much quicker and responsive. Beside better acceleration this car seems tighter and begs to be driven harder. If they could only figure out how to make the I- drive more intuitive, and do away with the 30 second chime for the seat belt, I would be hard pressed to find any flaws with the new 7.

Better than MB S-Class?
By J McAfee on 12/04/05 13:58 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

The review is from the perspective of a former MB S-Class owner ('92 & '00), new to BMW; and how the 2 compare. The BMW is a great vehicle and I'm very happy with the purchase (and you will be, too). The two are very similar, yet significantly different. Buy the BMW for performance, handling, interior ergonomics, and interior comfort. Buy the MB for looks, snob appeal, heavy vault-like feel, and smooth ride. They even out in technical innovation, each with features superior to the other. The BMW's ride is amazingly good with 19" wheels, vastly better than my MB with 19", but inferior to MB with 16". BMW with much bigger trunk; better interior finish & matierial vs new MB ('92 MB the best).

'06 BMW 750Li
By woodwrkr2 on 12/03/05 13:49 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Have had more service visits for this car in the first six months of ownership than I have with my Olds Silhouette minivan in the 5-1/2 years I've owned it. Frankly I expected better from a expensive luxury car. Granted it has a ton more bells and whistles and rides, handles, and performs better (except in snow) but it's dash is noisy and it's only got 4100 miles.

Best Luxury Sports Sedan on the Market
By Richard on 11/29/05 16:12 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I picked up my 750i 2 weeks ago. The handling and performance is beyond belief. I considered the Mercedes CLS-500 but the CLS cannot hold a candle to the 7-series BMW. The interior is roomy and comfortable. My kids love it. I love the new styling especially the back of the car. The iDrive is straight-forward to control. (I don't know what all the fuss is about with regard to the iDrive.) I ordered my black 750i with natural brown leather which looks and feels great. I had the premium sound, luxury seating, and satellite radio options. My only regret is that I wished that I went with the 19-inch wheels. This car blows away anything comparable on the market.

Too Much Technology
By Bret J. Temple on 10/28/05 13:47 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd review of the car after having it 5 months now, its been in the shop to completely replace the ingnition system, because the car stalled in the middle of me driving twice. Very dangerous. I love the car, way too much technology, something is bound to go wrong sooner or later with everything in the car being electronic or computerized. BMW needs to get back to basics and just make a nice car without all the tech. Read my last review, and most of it still holds true.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.