Used 2006 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Fantastic
By J. Stiles

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Absolutely the best car I have owned. Love it in all respects. This is second BMW after 3 Cadillacs in 5 years.

Favorite Features

Quiet, comfortable, and exquiste drivability. Hugs the road!

Suggested Improvements

Heads up display and seats which return to last setting automatically upon starting engine.

Great Drive, Great Electronics,
By Bernie

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Two thumbs up for this car. Suits me much better than the S500 Benz it replaced. The performance/style/fun factor is purely BMW. The iDrive is a much better way of interfacing with the features than an overdone array of icons and buttons and is much less buggy than the Comand system on my last benz. Sound system is wonderful and the Bluetooth implementation is flawless. Well done all the way around!

Favorite Features

Performance, driving experience, interior design, use of technology and very effective use of space.

Suggested Improvements

A little too much wind noise at highway speeds. Some things we take for granted, like putting the car in neutral, should be more intuitive

Florida
By Florida

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

First 7 Series BMW following mostly Japanese luxury (Lexus, Infiniti) and also a Benz. This car is a lot of fun to drive and really couldn't be more comfortable. I have typically stayed away from European cars because based on my high mileage each year, I am always concerned about reliability. So far it has been problem free and more enjoyable than previous cars.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth technology; sound system; driver's seat.

Suggested Improvements

Not sure I am a fan of the keyless ignition but I understand how it would be an important feature for many drivers.

Best car I have ever had
By doug

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Fun to drive the 750il. Takes time to learn all the features. The gas mileage isn't bad for a V-8. I love the room in the back seat. The navigation system is entertaining but somewhat distracting. Same with changing the radio stations using the iDrive. No problem with the blackberry after t-mobile made some changes in the cell phone program. I have had no reliability problems.

Favorite Features

Navigation system, iDrive, room for seating, the drawers for change, acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

The side view mirrors should electrically close for the cost of the car. The trunk could be a little deeper (48") for three sets of golf clubs.

Still too complicated
By Ron Brunson

2006 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

You expect a car like this to practically drive itself. The interior controls are too complicated. I have to consult the owners manual far too often. If I spent more time in the car, I'm sure I would become more familiar but so far, 3 months is not enough. Performance is fantastic. Far better than my 740.

Favorite Features

Performance is outstanding. Soft ride and much kick.

Suggested Improvements

Reduce buttons and levers. Return to old dashboard. Cannot trust a valet to know how to drive it.