2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
530 BMW
By ali ilker on 10/21/06 17:42 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love the drive, acceleration, the grip feeling that gives when you are getting into curves.

Comfort, performance, & style
By m wong on 10/14/06 14:53 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

My 550I is fun to drive, especially on the open road. Gas mileage in city driving is on the low side, freeway driving is excellent. Vehicle comfort and handling is excellent. Performance is excellent. The "heads up" display needs improvement (my 2001 Corvette's C5, heads up display is by far superior). Styling...always gets head turning!

Fun to Drive - Nav System a Bit Off
By djinn on 10/03/06 19:08 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car - got the manual transmission - full loaded - fun to drive. iDrive complicated but easily learned - just need to sit with the book. Only downside thus far is Nav System - I found the maps to be outdated when compared with my Garmin C330 GPS - interestingly both BMW and Garmin get their maps from the same source (Navteq). Hoping a new and better map will come along soon. This is a peppy and fun car to drive. Can't wait to test the AWD in the winter. Highly recommend the stick shift.

My 2007 530i
By tmwoody on 09/21/06 21:13 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded my 2003 745Li for the new 2007 530i. I wanted and got a sedan that is sporty and fun to drive, with great overall performance/road feel. Both exterior and interior design stand out against everything in it's price range. IDrive is simplified vs my trade-in and not a problem to use. Driving this car is what sells it and makes my daily 50 mile commute something to look forward to.

First BMW
By beez nutz on 09/15/06 14:55 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first BMW, the car just feels a lot more solid than any other vehicle I have ever owned... lexus nissan z acura Honda VW Jeep. It seems as though a lot of attention was paid to the driver when they designed the 5. My only complaint is the lack of power in the 525i. I guess it's my own fault for getting the 525 instead of the 530 or 545

Impressive
By Ron W. on 09/03/06 15:46 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Exceeds my expectations! I do a lot of highway driving. Averaging over 29 MPG with about 20 on the local roads. This car is not only fast but comfortable as well. I focused on getting the colors I wanted (Monoco Blue and beige interior). I did not want nor bought all the extras; just the winter package and navigation. This car can zoom when I need the speed to pass. Cruising is awesome with navigation and the standard sound system which is excellent. The dealer did a great job on the pre-sale and delivery and what's wrong with 4 years of free maintenance.

530i
By RL on 08/29/06 07:05 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Fit and finish is top notch. Handling and comfort are exceptional. The split screen LCD used for iDrive and NAV is bright, wide-screen format, and of high resolution. The iDrive is fine once you get used to it.

A lot of money for a lot of car
By Freddy on 08/28/06 10:05 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I just bought the 550i after looking around for a few months. I wanted the performance but I was concerned about the fuel economy. If you can believe the gauge on the car, I am getting 28.6 MPG on the highway. It is only rated at 25, so that is excellent. When I fill it up again I will verify that number. This car is a pleasure to drive. It's quick, quiet, and comfortable. Sport package not necessary. Automatic is best for most. There is a 1300 dollar gas guzzler tax on the stick shift.

Awesome. A kick to drive every day.
By Pebble Beach cruzin on 08/26/06 09:50 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

The car is smooth as silk at idle, has a muscular power curve. It has power from the word go and handles like a dream, the AC works far superior than BMW units have in the past. The sport package is a must, the front seats are a dream. The iPod (aux input) adapter works great. Gets 25 mpg on the highway. It feels and drives like a sports car, there are still no substitutions for a BMW.

An awesome car!
By Pedro on 08/24/06 18:59 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just traded in a two-year old 3-series for the new 530i. I love it. Am really enjoying the car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.