Used 2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

What took me so long
By Pacific NW Driver

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my first BMW (530i w/Sport Package and navigation) one month ago to get style plus sporty performance. Had driven Nissan Maximas for prior 12+ years. This car has delivered as I'm inventing reasons to take the long way home. Went on a 300+ mile trip and it was extremely comfortable. Interior build quality, mechanical and electronic performance is very solid. The sport package with 18" low profile tires is a must as it really sets off the look and you get added handling.

Favorite Features

Black Sapphire Metallic paint; steptronic transmission with sport and manual mode; 18" tires and wheels; great handling; comfortable seats; front and rear park distance control; voice activated phone and navigation; Logic 7 sound system. And the feeling you are in a safe and well-engineered car.

Suggested Improvements

As a typical American, the cup holders are okay, not great (I know, I know, on the Autobahn doing 160 mph you don't reach for coffee). I would like more conventional storage between the seats as the jockey box is small and a bit clumsy.

Like it after a year, minor issues
By ttroglio

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Overall the car is great. This was our first BMW. Nice looks, nice interior comforts. Very nice leather. My only complaint so far is with the brakes. An annoying squeak develops when the front brakes get the slightest amount of dust on them. I did not expect this from a $50K car. Also, when I have the steering wheel and seat in a position I like, I cannot see the upper portion of the speedometer We are happy with the car. The ride is amazing. At high speeds in the rain it handles very well. Recently got a road force balance on the tires and that made the ride much better We purchased the car in black. I would not own another in black. Hard to keep clean.

Favorite Features

Leather interior. Sleek looks. Good visibility out all windows. I especially like the 6 speed steptronic and use it all the time. Wife opts for normal automatic tranny mode.

Suggested Improvements

Run flat tires are expensive and BMW recommends not repairing them. Got a nail in tire after 8K miles and they said tire had to be replaced to the tune of $400. Found local Goodyear store that did the repair. Brake issue needs to be addressed.

Outstanding ride
By frank Muschetto

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Probably the finest car I have ever owned. Fun to drive, great engineering and outstanding performance. Highly recommend to anyone.

2007 550i Outstanding Car
By George

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Over the years I've owned many BMW products; 7s, 5s, X5s, 2002 and on and on. None of them can match this particular car; it is truly incredible. At first I was not sure about the "Bangle" styling but I have to admit that as the car has aged it has really grown on me and I now love the styling. It will run with a Porsche 911 without problem, and on a cruise from Florida to Michigan it was superb. The car is almost a year old and has never had a single problem nor been back to the dealership. To quote Lee Iacocca "if you can find a better car buy it!"

Favorite Features

iDrive, Heads Up display, articulated sport seats, nav, engine, just about everything.

Suggested Improvements

Would like to see the HUD display a few more items such as turn signal indicators and a few things like that.

Great Car!
By J. Gray

2007 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car after owning other luxury cars. It outranks the others by far. The handling and solid ride speaks volumes. The downside is it is so smooth on the open road, you have to watch the speed - it is moving faster than it feels. Quality and handling along with style. One small issue is that the cup holder needs to be re-designed, it's not in a good place. I am totally sold, all my cars in the future will be BMW.

Favorite Features

Handling and luxury ride.

Suggested Improvements

Move the cup holder and add an additional lighter/jack for iPods.