Used 2009 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Practical Fun
By Albnyc

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

A well-balanced, practical and fun car. Adequate but not generous space, but no significant difference from competitors. Even 5 series wagon has little additional room. The technology is amazing. iDrive much improved.

Favorite Features

Handling

Suggested Improvements

Run flat tires need axing...

Very Pleased Thus Far
By T Money

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I will say I am very pleased with my experience thus far. I considered the C Class Mercedes and the Lexus IS 250 but the 328i was the winner by far in every area. I have had my beautiful Jet Black work of art for a week and a half and I have not stopped smiling. I have been very surprised by the gas mileage so far after 450 miles mostly city I am averaging 24.2 very strong. I also am in love with the styling from every area of the car, it is truly exquisite. I am impressed with the interior layout. I went with the nav system and the i drive is very user friendly and fit is top notch. I cannot wait to spend the next several years enjoying every aspect of my 328i.

Favorite Features

I will say again the exterior styling is gorgeous from every angle very artful, gas mileage is exceeding my expectations thus far, the interior layout is very precise and user friendly and if you are directionally challenged as I am the nav system is well worth the investment.

Suggested Improvements

I only have a few: the first is the interior should be of more softer touch materials, the knob on the c/d audio system needs to be larger more rounded and the standard audio system should be premium rather than standard in this class.

Stellar in all respects
By Danny Smith

2009 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Car is stellar in all respects. Yes, more expensive than some competitors but far and away one of the best handling and best performing vehicles in its price range, all things considered. Engine rumored to dyno at nearly 350 lb ft at the engine with 300 lb ft at the rear wheels. This is so fast that it would spin its tires with full throttle in first gear. Only stellar traction and stability control prevent this. Automatic is cool but if you are looking for all out performance get the stick. Some delay with auto trans.

Favorite Features

Speed, handling, speed, handling, build quality. Solid interior. Safe.

Suggested Improvements

Make it less expensive.

Fast, Fast, Fast
By Jim

2009 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Sold my 33cic last winter and bought a brand new 335 coupe in April of 2009. Even though it's not a convertible, I am more than happy with the change in performance between the two rides. I sincerely get excited every time I drive this machine, even after owning it for over 6 months!!! Be careful with the sport package and the seats. I'm still trying to find a comfort level there. It will happen though. This car begs you to take it past 100 m.p.h. This is a "bucket list" vehicle!

Favorite Features

Ipod integration, dual turbos, exterior appearance, bluetooth phone integration.

Suggested Improvements

I wish they would have kept the window function buttons on the center console. Cup holders kind of bizarre. Other than that, no complaints!

No regrets
By Steve C

2009 BMW 3 Series 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After years of driving VW's, I walked into a BMW dealer after being treated like a second class citizen when I went to Audi to inquire on an S4. Their loss, my gain. The 335i xDrive with 6 speed manual is an amazing car... Fast, silky smooth drive, exceptional handling. iDrive is great, better than the last version I hear. Fuel consumption is average, but for a 300 hp twin turbo that oozes muscle and pure pleasure, I can't complain. 5 star driving experience all the way!

Favorite Features

Looks of the 335i's rear end, interior layout. Prefer the 2008 wheels you get with the sports package versus the ones I got on the 2009... but that's a small detail.

Suggested Improvements

No more run flat tires... give me a spare or at least the option to choose.