Used 2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Lemon?
By Richie1020

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Two problems have detracted from my enjoyment of the 2099 BMW 335xi. Car is back at the dealer for the third time for replacement of fuel injector jets. Four this time. I get up to speed on the highway, but do not have a heavy foot and haven't had the car on a race track. What's the story? Getting close to Lemon Law time! The run-flat, low-profile tires are just awful on New England roads. Never, never again. Hit anything a half-inch high or low and it sounds like the car is bottoming out. Extremely rough ride at even 40 mph.

The new iDrive is fine. Like having the hard drive for my music. Handles beautifully except for the run-flat tires.

Hate the lock/unlock non-options. Need to make run-flat an option.

Very expeneisve RFT
By kazakci

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is so much fun to drive and so expensive to maintain. It has been 8 months. Finally I hit a pot hole in New York City and had a bubble on the side. Our dealer changed the tire and charged $488 for one single tire!!! I had insurance and expected to be reimbursed. However, this is another sign that this is a premium car and it is expensive to drive.

The word is refinement to describe the car.

RFT is expensive, get back to normal tire.

Fun on Wheels
By ez2do

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my new 2009 328i for 2 months now and it's been great so far. Very smooth ride, responsive handling, feel the road, and more than adequate on gas mileage. I have to watch the speedometer at all times because it drives very fast. Acceleration from full stop could be better. In hindsight I should not have purchased in Alpine White as it shows dirt easily but after each wash, it looks beautiful.

Very nice touch with door handles illuminating when unlocking doors.

Cup holders placements are intrusive on passenger side. Lack of storage in rear seat area for water bottles. Dash could be improved to reflect more luxury.

My little Bimmer
By Rom

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love driving this car. The best part of my day is getting in the drivers seat of my car. This car handles like a dream and I have never driven a car that is better. I test drove an Audi A4, Merecedes C300, and a Nissan Maxima. None of those cars could come close to the BMW. I highly recommend this vehicle.

Handle, quality, and performance.

BMW has to increase the rear seat space in this car. BMW should also start making leather standard, this car costs way too much not to have leather as a standard feature.

Rattling Noise, high pitch noise and etc.
By westwind

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 328 i AWD sedan in May 2009. It has 1500 miles. I am extremely dissatisfied with it with the following reasons - Under the hood BMW uses many plastic protection covers that cause rattling noise on rough roads - Rattling noise inside both rear doors - Rattling noise coming from cheaply designed cup holders in the front and rear. - Rattling noise inside the armrest between two rear seats. - Major rattling noise coming from inside the dashboard. - Poor engine noise insulation. The hood surface facing the engine does not have any foaming, unlike many other cars. - Flat drive tires cause stiff road experience. - Poor speech detection. This is my second 3 series, but it will be the last.

- Exterior design

All rattling noise causing cheap plastic pieces should be tightened. Dashboard contains a big plastic piece for ventilation under the main piece. It is a terrible source of rattling noise.