Used 2009 BMW 3 Series Diesel Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Bmw 3-series - Consumer Reviews

2009 BMW 3 Series Diesel

335d 3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Automatic - (14 reviews )

Second time lucky
By big kev

2009 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

This is my second 3 series - the first was 2007 335i and for some reason this 'update' is a much better car. I have 16" wheels with 205/50 tires deliberately avoiding low profiles and the ride is very comfortable, and handling is fine (runflat smash and crash is gone!) I find The car more comfortable than the 5 series and traded my 2008 Audi A4, which I liked a lot but the Beema is much smoother and more 'refined' - especially the diesel engine. Hated the old 3 series mainly because of the high fuel bills and the horrible ride - love this one; mainly because of the improved ride due to non low profile runflats and Continental tires rather than Bridgestone which were awful.

Favorite Features

Mileage, torque, comfortable seats (I'm 6'2") handling and the way it looks.

Suggested Improvements

Instruments are a bit small, and it makes a high pitched 'whining' noise through the gears. Not loud but annoying and noticeable. Told the dealer and they said 'they just do that'. Nothing wrong.

Power performance & mileage in a Bimmer
By Nyurkt

2009 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

We Absolutely LOVE this vehicle awesome power, mileage & fuel economy even if driven hard love the exhaust note drives handles feels and sounds great. This is a true drivers car second Bimmer for the family and I'm sure many more to come. Traded in our Accord Ex-V6 great car but the mileage was not up to par for HONDA, now we get awesome performance & braking as well as excellent fuel economy.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy Performance-Torque Stability-handling Braking Oh did I say Fuel Economy (smile)

Suggested Improvements

Storage, cup holders make folding rear seatbacks standard also radio display can't be seen with our sunglasses on (these are the minor Bummers for our Bimmer).

It's all good
By M

2009 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

First time BMW owner and just got my 335D. Everything I hoped for came true. The look and feel of a world class car with the mileage of an economy car. The power is outstanding and the ride is so effortless that you can't tell how fast you are going. One issue is the cupholders...seems like with all the engineering prowess of BMW a suitable solution could be put in place.

Favorite Features

Pretty much everything...less before mentioned cup holders.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk a little shorter then I am use to. I am 6'3" so golf clubs are a little longer and have to take out my driver and load in the trunk separately

Awesome
By kaiyer

2009 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Just purchased it. Torque if fantastic. Best when merging into the highway. Cabin ergonomics are top rated. The whole family loved it.

Favorite Features

Seats, Acceleration, Very low road noise. Engine purrs like a cat.

Suggested Improvements

Wagon and AWD versions would be welcome.

Jet without wings
By arjay1

2009 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Had the the car for about 3 weeks now. Having too much fun. I never thought I'd be driving a diesel. Diesel smell gives me a headache but this car does not have it. The exhaust pipes are still so shiny even after 1250 miles of driving. Have to buy a good radar detector to help reduce the chance of getting tickets. Car goes to 50 mph too fast and without much effort. Run flat tires not much of a bother.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, fit and look as well as gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Better cup holder locations.