2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Glad it's gone
By click click click on 08/28/10 11:39 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had my car in so many times I gave up on getting it fixed. No help at two different dealerships. The car was totaled in an accident, yes it may have saved my life but I'm not buying another BMW. If they can't fix them why buy one. Five years 50k means nothing if you drive 25k a year.

Best Car I have Owned
By steve on 02/23/10 11:27 AM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is great. First BMW I have owned and the performance, handling and seat comfort are fabulous. Got rid of my lumbar roll as the sport seats and lumbar support are that comfortable. Everything else I have owned except for a Boxster feel slushy in comparison and you can drive this in the New England winter without problem. The iDrive works well without the problems previous iterations have had. The Navigation system is mostly intuitive and accurate. A few issues.....the 18" low profile run-flats and sport suspension are very harsh and potholes are to be avoided at all costs. I have already had one replaced due to side wall failure at a cost of $750!!?? Glove box is too small!

3 Strikes you're out!!
By click click click on 12/04/09 18:54 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my 2009 335xi in August after driving my C70 Volvo into the ground with 173k on it. The volvo was a sled compared to this beauty. This car is not problem free! I have had the car in four times for warranty and I'm still not happy. First check engine light " miss fire " second time bad high pressure fuel pump, third time, mechanical fuel pump. Turn on the intermittent wiper and listen to the relay click under the dash. Dealer says that's normal. Then the seat belt arm shorted out. So they replaced that. I just bought 4 Toyota Yaris for my delivery fleet and they are quieter than this BMW. Dealer said get use to the noises I said are you kidding me !!

They're just not getting better...
By Xyrium on 08/26/09 13:26 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Aside from the reviews of people that went to a sedan after owning an SUV, or those who never owned a classy yet sporty vehicle (same as SUVs?) no offense meant, but this iteration of the 3 series is missing the "Ultimate Driving Machine" feel of old. The engine is wonderful, however, driving feel is almost numb, and the drive by wire, in addition to the AWD makes for some very sloppy and awkward shifting also mentioned in Edmund's review. The interior appears to be a throwback from Buick, and the exterior is very Hyundai, with the raised panels on the sides and large flat area around the wheel wells. I'm in a 3 yr lease, but I'll opt for a G37x next time!

Blast to drive!
By buckeyedoc on 01/12/09 20:18 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Have !2500 miles on this coupe and I love it. Top notch performance and styling. The handling is great. The mileage on the highway is OK (28 MPG) but not great around town (16MPG). I have had 2 Audis before this and I think that the Audi is better in the snow and the interior is superior but the BMW is much more solid feeling on the highway. Overall for me it is a toss-up. the deciding factor was the proximity of the dealers (10 mins vs. 40). Only regret is that I wish I had gotten the manual.

From Audi to BMW
By Devon on 12/30/08 11:19 AM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I recently purchased my BMW 335i xDrive and it is amazing. I took the car with all options available, and so in terms of aesthetics, performance and functionality, this car is sublime. I use to drive an Audi 2.0T Quattro, and though the cars are not meant to be compared, I can say without a doubt that the BMW ride quality, performance and driving experience are considerably superior. The interior layout is also on par with Audi's high-quality interiors. Overall, I must say that I'm happy I got this car over an A5... though I probably would have taken an S5, had there not been a 1yr waiting list!

We Have A Winner
By Jim H on 12/26/08 16:13 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Took delivery this afternoon on a Tasman green/saddle brn '09 335i xDrive coupe. Said goodbye to my '06 330xi sedan, gave her a hug, and never looked back. My 330 was fast. But this coupe is stupid fast. Always thought my 330 was smart and had "a nice personality." But the 335 coupe is hot! Seriously considered the A5 Audi and VW CC. They're nice, very nice, but they are runner-ups. BMW needs to seriously ditch the run-flats. The cup holders are poor too (but you shouldn't drink and drive anyway, not in this car at least).

Awesome
By Bob on 11/24/08 11:05 AM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I picked up my 2009 335i xDrive a week ago and this car is amazing. I look forward to going to work in the morning to drive it. It seems to eat up the road and the 18" run flats with the sport package are unmatched. The growl the car make when you turn it on and step on the gas is worth the price alone. The stereo is incredible, iDrive is easy to use as well as the navigation. I am so glad I stopped in the dealership on the way to check on my Audi A5 that was on order. I drove this car and made the deal that night and drove down the street to cancel the Audi. I have had Acuras, Infinitis and driven my dad's Cayman S; this car blows them away. I will never buy anything but a BMW again.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 BMW 3 Series Coupe in VA is:

$144 per month*