Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Love it
By Nat

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought the car used, with a whopping 600 miles on it. Have had it for 3 months and added 7,000 incredibly fun miles. I have owned 2 jeeps (both soft top), 2 Volvos, 1 Lexus, 1 Benz, 1 Ford and 1 BMW years ago - this is by far the most fun to drive and the only one other than my first Jeep that has garnered great comments from other drivers. Took it in for regular maintenance service early at 7,600 miles as I don't want to wait til recommended 15,000 miles. I expected to pay for this one myself, but dealer took care of it anyway. Great car.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, fun factor, looks and handling.

Suggested Improvements

None, except minor issue with getting car into first gear occassionally (I got it with manual tranny)

07 328i 4door
By Disappointed

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

What a disappointment this vehicle has been. I now have 22,000 miles on this car and it had to have the rear differential changed, the seats had to be re-painted, whiplash on take off and various other issues. Can't lemon law this vehicle because it hasn't been in the shop enough. You would think when a large component like the differential going they (BMW) would step up and recognize the actual defect.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, radio, comfort

Suggested Improvements

Refer to the above

Is it over yet?
By BStokes98

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Where shall I start? I park my car in the garage and never lock it, one day I went out, opened the passenger door to get something, closed it. The next morning the battery was dead. When you open the passenger door, the headlights don't go back out.... I have had about 4 sets of tires on the front, when you hit a pothole it feels like you were in an accident... Also 1 new set of rims... Engine performance is great. Navigation is a mess... The bluetooth works really well and the AWD system is flawless.

Favorite Features

Acceleration... It's a BMW. Bluetooth...Sport Seats are great. Xenon headlights, auto wipers... Power Folding Mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

New Rims that can withstand driving in New Jersey. New tires that do not pop and have to be replaced for no reason. Better service @ BMW.

Major Disappointment, Shop Other Brands
By Mike

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my CPO 328i in April 2008, and the first problem was to already be fixed. Hey, it was small, no big deal. From there, the electrical problems never stopped. After its fifth time in the shop, went to close the door and the whole panel popped off. The problems never stopped until I traded it in for an Audi A4 two months later which made me much happier. The dealer nor BMW corporate would stand behind their product. 2005 was the last of the good years, now they drive like an economy car. They are completely living off their reputation and building lesser quality cars. After four BMWs, I am done!

Favorite Features

Body style, tight handling

Suggested Improvements

I miss that solid feel, run flat tires are terrible and noisy, uncomfortable seats, please go back to basics and build quality cars.

Love my car
By Gerald

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had my car 8 months, and done a few 12 hours road trips. Great car to drive, smooth, economical for the performance, fast and responsive. Generally a quiet and comfortable car, though the cabin noise above 100+ mph is a bit high - not sure if that's the tires, or that it's just our highways in the midwest really aren't built to be driven at that speed. Steptronic is nice, but occasional problem jerking when accelerating from a dead stop. Also tested an auto Infiniti G35x but no comparison. 26-27 mpg on highway, average about 19mpg but I drive a lot of start/stop in Chicago, and it's hard not to gun the engine!

Favorite Features

The engine, handling, styling, premium package. Love the styling of the Sports Pkg optional wheels but performance tires would have compromised snow handling.

Suggested Improvements

The cup holders - I hate to sound picky, but I take corners and go over bumps one-handed when I have something in the cup holders, with the other hand holding what's in the cup holders. Storage in the consoles and glove box could be better. Road noise at high speed (100+ mph) - is that the tires?