2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Bye-Bye BMW
By Donna on 03/23/08 17:29 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The romance is over. I wanted a BMW all my life and bought mine brand new in 2002. Everything was good until a year after warranty expired. All at once: worn front axle assemblies with leaking CV boots, broken rear springs, broken thermostat unit and an extremely annoying squeaking steering wheel. Car had 58k miles on it. Sent a letter to BMW North America asking "why?". CS rep calls me and says "these are just normal wear and tear items - what do you want us to do about it?". Drove Honda Civic for 10 years on same CT roads - no problems at all. On my way to trade this jalopy in before it falls apart on me again.

great car except...
By recruitsvc on 07/14/06 17:53 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My first BMW - it has gotten better to drive with age as I have really appreciated the engine acceleration, the handling, the surety of the AWD system. The seats are comfortable and the controls designed to keep your hands on the wheel. What I miss is the console - only a small arm rest with little storage, two cup holders, and a flip up storage area - I end up piling my stuff on the passenger seat, which becomes a pain when someone gets in the car with me - would love more storage space somehow.

Just this once...
By Greg330xi on 11/03/04 23:58 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Previously owned a Subaru WRX, but hated the narrow torque band. 330xi is a much nicer car to drive, but very small trunk and interior.

Ultimate Machine
By Cruisin Happy on 09/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

It really is the ultimate driving machine. I've had mine almost 3 years and I don't even want to think about ever getting another car. It is just fabulous in snow and rain. The tires can be an issue. I hit a very large, deep pot hole and had to replace all 4 tires. Other than that, not one thing has gone wrong. Mine is loaded to the max with the integrated phone..worth the extra bucks too. I hope this car never wears out!!! Worth the money!!! (45,000)

Wow, now this is a car!!!!!!!!!
By Bemaing Owner on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a car as it should be. To say it is fun to drive is a big understatement. It continues to amaze me for what it can do. It fits like a glove and always does what I ask it to. And I ask a lot of it! Rain, sleet, snow. No problems there. A bit rough on the body on day-long drives though due to the sport suspension. Hops a little on rough curvey roads.But, always ends up where you want it to. All said, I wouldn't ever buy anything else.

Favorite
By RobertoK on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Despite a rash of early warranty repairs, this is my favorite car ever. The dealer has been excellent. The driving dynamics are unmatched for a sedan. The AWD is a champ in bad weather.

Still the best sports sedan
By MyHarpoon on 09/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I test drove many of the contenders before buying BMW. The G35 wasn't out yet - it wouldn't have mattered (no manual). The IS 300 didn't have AWD and I didn't feel like settling on the all-season tires. The X-Type was slow and the styling wasn't "Jaguar". The WRX didn't impress me. The 9-3 Viggen is a front-driver. The C320 didn't have a manual. It was a close call between the A4 and the 330xi. The BMW is a great daily driver, but I always have a smile on my face knowing that if I should meet a winding, country road, I can cut it loose (I've found a few such roads in Western Michigan).

Sweet Car, Great Ride
By Hartberg on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

There's not much not to love about this car other than the price tag. Its expensive, but worth it! The AWD will be nice in the winter and mountians. Its ride is so nice I don't want to speed to make the trip any shorter!

A solid car
By Fun in the 40's on 08/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Test drove most the usual suspects: G35, ES300, X-type, 3.2TL-S, 325xi, 330xi, 525i, 530i, Passat AWD. We thought the X-type was the next best option, especially given the very aggresive pricing what we were offered. In the end though, it came down to getting the 330xi or a 530i. I loved the 530i in Sport trim, but my wife voted for the better poor-weather handling of the 330xi. So far, very happy.

Beama beama
By ajmak on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Best car I've ever owned. It's a beauty.