Used 2002 BMW 3 Series 330xi Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Bye-Bye BMW
By Donna

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The romance is over. I wanted a BMW all my life and bought mine brand new in 2002. Everything was good until a year after warranty expired. All at once: worn front axle assemblies with leaking CV boots, broken rear springs, broken thermostat unit and an extremely annoying squeaking steering wheel. Car had 58k miles on it. Sent a letter to BMW North America asking "why?". CS rep calls me and says "these are just normal wear and tear items - what do you want us to do about it?". Drove Honda Civic for 10 years on same CT roads - no problems at all. On my way to trade this jalopy in before it falls apart on me again.

Favorite Features

Right now, nothing.

Suggested Improvements

Build a car where springs and thermostats (etc.) don't "just wear down". Please.

great car except...
By recruitsvc

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My first BMW - it has gotten better to drive with age as I have really appreciated the engine acceleration, the handling, the surety of the AWD system. The seats are comfortable and the controls designed to keep your hands on the wheel. What I miss is the console - only a small arm rest with little storage, two cup holders, and a flip up storage area - I end up piling my stuff on the passenger seat, which becomes a pain when someone gets in the car with me - would love more storage space somehow.

Favorite Features

Engine, color, awd, brakes, responsiveness

Suggested Improvements

Storage!

Just this once...
By Greg330xi

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Previously owned a Subaru WRX, but hated the narrow torque band. 330xi is a much nicer car to drive, but very small trunk and interior.

Favorite Features

Engine: torque, sound, flexibility. Handling. Build quality. Ride.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a larger trunk, a 6th gear and a regular suspension height.

Ultimate Machine
By Cruisin Happy

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

It really is the ultimate driving machine. I've had mine almost 3 years and I don't even want to think about ever getting another car. It is just fabulous in snow and rain. The tires can be an issue. I hit a very large, deep pot hole and had to replace all 4 tires. Other than that, not one thing has gone wrong. Mine is loaded to the max with the integrated phone..worth the extra bucks too. I hope this car never wears out!!! Worth the money!!! (45,000)

Favorite Features

Power and handling - Great sound system

Suggested Improvements

I lost cup holders with the integrated phone...

Wow, now this is a car!!!!!!!!!
By Bemaing Owner

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a car as it should be. To say it is fun to drive is a big understatement. It continues to amaze me for what it can do. It fits like a glove and always does what I ask it to. And I ask a lot of it! Rain, sleet, snow. No problems there. A bit rough on the body on day-long drives though due to the sport suspension. Hops a little on rough curvey roads.But, always ends up where you want it to. All said, I wouldn't ever buy anything else.

Favorite Features

Handling, handling, handling! Stereo should satisfy most anyone. Lots of Front cab room (I am 6'2" tall). Engine is a 12 on a scale of 1 to 10. Oh, and did I mention the handling? Fun, Fun, Fun!

Suggested Improvements

Those 17" tires can break the bank if you buy them as often as you should. Hit a small pothole and kiss one goodbye. Comes with the territory I guess. 5 so far for me and 3 rims. Door handles can be a problem for guests. No convenient place for a cell phone and cubby holes are lacking.