2008 BMW 1 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1 Series model:
Great Convertible
By BMW128iOwner on 06/22/08 14:53 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is both comfortable and very fun to drive. Being six feet tall, I thought the back seat would be a little tight for me, however when I have sat in the back it is more than enough room and also very comfortable. The materials and interior design are very excellently crafted, as well as the beautiful exterior. Automatic roof works great and car is amazing with the top down. The engine sounds powerful and exhilarating, and yet the ride is very quiet. The premium Hi-Fi sound system sounds great with the top up or down. iPhone compatibility is great and sounds great on both sides of the phone, even with the top down and strong winds.

All I Can Say Is WOW!
By Kris on 06/16/08 11:13 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After test driving this little beast for almost an hour I got back in my 04 G35 Coupe 6M, that I had loved for 4 years till that moment. My G felt big, bulky and slow by comparison. I had also driven the new G37 which is a big improvement over the older model, but it just could not compare to the nimble, precise pocket rocket that is the 135i. The car handles like it's on rails and yet is so comfortable. If you don't need a big car this little gem is pretty much perfect. Actually, the trunk in the 135i is much bigger than the older or new G. Bottom line, this is the best car I have ever driven or owned and I still can't get the silly grin off my face when I get out of it.

My 128i Ragtop
By Rocky on 06/14/08 15:25 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had a Z4 previously and loved it, but overall I like the 1er better. Meets or exceeds every one of my expectation. The 128i is plenty fast and is more practical than the 135i. The 135i is almost stupid fast and very few drivers will be able to get more than 30% out of what the car is capable of.

Incredible Vehicle
By Scuba Steve on 06/02/08 23:50 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I am 6'2" and I am very comfortable in the car. I have been in it for several hours at a time and never felt the urge to have to shift my weight in the seat. I was initialy concerned about my leg resting against the firewall and it becoming uncomfortable but its actually quite nice. The stock stereo is very nice and the iPod connection is effortless. The shifting is incredibly easy, the clutch is quite predictable and the power is relentless. I can be going 80 mph on the highway and floor it and the car just takes off. The footwell is a little cramped and I don't suggest driving with sandals on. Cornering is incredible as well and if your going too fast the DSC kicks in just when it should.

Great car
By onefan on 05/29/08 06:23 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in my Z4 for the 128. I like the comfort of the interior and the addtional room of this car. It is responsive and the braking is excellent. The 128 doesn't deliver the same level of power as the 135, but I drive in heavy traffic and the six cyl. is more than adequate. I really love this car.

Satisfying that need for fun!
By TinasBimmer on 05/28/08 18:18 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My wife and I test drove many new convertibles and decided to purchase the 128i convertible. I'm 6'2" and discovered I don't fit comfortably in most 2-seaters out there. We are very happy with our car and would highly recommend it for many reasons. The car handles like no other car I've ever driven, probably due to the sports package. It is very comfortable with the leather power seats and we were actually able to fit our two teenaged sons in the back, a bit snug but do able. Acceleration is very smooth and the 6- speed automatic transmission shifts just right, in fully auto or manual modes. We also like the zero-maintenance cost feature that covers everything except tires for 4 yrs

A thorough review after roadtrip
By Beemerhead on 05/26/08 22:42 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just finished an 800 mile roadtrip across NM and CO. What a treat! I bought it as a roadtrip car to keep forever, so no turbos or nav/iDrive. I have an automatic with premium and cold weather pkg. The car was comfortable and smooth. The unexpected highlights were a roof that had amazing sound dampening, plenty of engine power even at 10000+ feet and a final gas mileage of 32.2mpg across central Colorado (avg speed 54.5mph). The car was FANTASTIC, everything I hoped for and more when I decided to buy it. I researched many other vehicles from an Eos to a MB CLK350 before getting this. As a first year model I thought it might be valuable one day, too.

Worth Every Penny
By Bitterm3 on 05/26/08 18:38 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is comfortable in every situation. The motor is flawless and pulls like anything I've ever driven. This car flies and stops like you wouldn't believe. Take a test drive to really appreciate this car. You will be hard fought to find something better for the money!

A BMW By Every Count
By 4ron on 05/21/08 15:28 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a sports car in coupe clothing - very fast with great handling. The ride is suprisingly supple. You can feel the refinement.

Needs improvement
By Jose on 05/19/08 22:24 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Wonderful design, with a lot of power. The seats are uncomfortable, and the ride is rough over NYC streets. It is not built for long rides. The windows rattle & the radio is not good. I think that the engine is too powerful for the size of the car. I find that driver must fight to harness the power, only very experienced drivers should drive the car. The car makes interior noises as it rides over rough roads. The car burns gas (22 hwy & 16 city) & it burns oil. I have had to bring the car into BMW service three times to have oil added in the first 7K miles. I test drove the BMW 328i coupe & I should have paid the difference for a better car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.