2003 Acura TL Consumer Review: Feel good about 03' TL

2003 Acura TL - Consumer Review

Feel good about 03' TL
By Stardom2k2 on

2003 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Just got a blk/blk 03'TL plain for ~$28.2k/5.99%/60Mo, after taxes 30k exactly. IT IS A GLORIFIED ACCORD but that's good! I like it. I get decent pickup. Handling is firm. 1st and 2nd in autostick is useless, so save it to change lanes. I just leave it in fullauto. Fit is tight, no excessive noise. Exterior is decent but the 16" needs an upgrade. (I think the S has 17s) Many do-dads. I bought it because I think it's reliable, a good ride, good resale, decent service, and decent looks. I somewhat regret not getting the TypeS but I still like the base TL. It's near-luxury!

Mostly: VTEC, HID, Tinted tilting RSide mirror on reverse, 6-InDash 5-speaker Bose CD (sounds awesome for a stock), and heated seats. Great trunk space and almost a full-spare! Somewhat: Decent leather trims and surfaces. 2 memory powered seats upfront.

Controls are idiotproof but uninspired. If you're not gonna use real woodtrim, don't use any! Displays should be brighter and actually match color. Need steeringCD controls ie. reverse/change CD/pause/stop. Get rid of useless manual lumbar. Backseat seems small.