Did not meet my exectations as a used vehicle purchase
By jacquelineb on
2003 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)
Initially I was proud that my 2003 Acura TL was made in Ohio and purchasing it used fit my budget in 2007. This car can eat four years of family vacations. Expenses include: a rebuilt transmission replacement, convenient electrical features busting. At 80,000 my CD player failed & ate CDs, @ 90,000 CD player buttons on steering wheel failed, @ 100,000 the heated seat feature failed on the passenger side. The one on driver side only heats the back not the bum for which I am keeping my fingers crossed will not fail this week since I need to recover from a back sprain. Leather seats not too durable for no kids no pets family.
Favorite Features
For me, I appreciate the 6 cylinders and speed. It provided a smooth ride with good tires and is comfortable for 5 ft. height. My husband says it's fun to drive.
Suggested Improvements
Needs durable transmission and electrical features. For instance at about 85,000 the passenger side air bag was getting dis-engaged due to some malfunctioning sensor that required serviced two times. The last worry I need to have is a inactive air bag/reduced safety features or a transmission failure. Also window wiper motor only operates with two speeds and not three. Repairing it is going to cost a pretty penny or time consuming to locate a used wiper motor. It's really a safety issue when driving in heavy rain or snow conditions.