Used 1996 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

96 Acura problems
By henry49

1996 Acura TL Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan

200k mi(9-30-11) oil leak-filter neck gasket, then water pump alternater moter mounts($400ea) fuel pump And relay(stuck on freeway) oil leak on distributor gasket seats crack oil leaks valve cover(numerous)and on cam seal oil burns and smells(must fix) harmonic balancer wheel to alt bad,(must replace) front wheel bjoints radio(cd trouble) I fix one thing then next week or day here comes another, boy, glad I'm blessed that I can fix my own vehicle! (I really ain"t finished)

Reliable!
By Mayra Holguin

1996 Acura TL Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan

Hi there! I just wanted to share my personal experience in driving an Acura 2.5 TL 1996, in stating that it has been a reliable vehicle ever since I purchased it. I'm still driving this vehicle, and it still runs well.

Outrates my past Cadillac
By Michael

1996 Acura TL Sedan 2.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

I have had this acura for four years now and it out performed my previous STS Cadillac. The only repair which I have had to do in the last four years was to replace the muffler. Yes, I was quoted like $600 for a muffler but, what I did was buy one using the internet with a rebate costing me only $114 usd, and then had it installed at a local mechanic for $25 since it was just three bolts to deal with but it required a lift to replace it. Overall great car!!!! I take care of it so it will last, why deal with car payments for a new one... LOL

Excellent after 200000
By kalz

1996 Acura TL Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan

I bought my acura in 2007 from a private party with about 160,000 miles on it. Since then it's been extremely reliable, the only thing I have spent money on is brake calipers for rear left wheel. Other than that I have had no issues. My car has now 216000 miles on it and it still feels the same. I would highly recommend acura to anybody who wants to buy a used car.

The only downside is the cost for parts and servicing, Acura parts are extremely expensive to say the least.

BEST car ever owned
By Ed

1996 Acura TL Sedan 2.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2.5TL used in 2000 with 26k miles on it. It now has 228k miles and it still going strong. My teen son drove it for 2 years, my teen daughter drove it for 1 year, now I am driving it again, and it takes me everywhere without problems. I commute 4 hours round trip (combo of highway and city) daily!

Quality and design.

Better lumber support. That's a personal preference though. The rest of the family thinks it's fine.