1996 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
A FAN
By John on 06/22/06 04:54 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura TL 3.2 Premium 4dr Sedan

Owned four Acura over the years - all were great. Bought this TL and have put over 150,000 miles on it. Its a classy looking car w/o being over the top. Its amazing that the car is over 10 years old and people think its a newer model. Acura created a design with some legs on it - it stays contemporary looking well beyond the norm. Only repairs in the last 10 years is a new starter(very expensive $600) and new rear calipers. Everything else has been normal wear and tear maintenance.

Performance, at a price!
By Comfortable, zippy on 10/21/05 08:57 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura TL 3.2 Premium 4dr Sedan

Fell in love with this car, a local trade-in, at Toyota dealership. Had 90K miles, but had been maintained by Acura as a leased car. Soon learned that parts were VERY expensive, as was service by Acura dealership. I love its style and features. Tight quality, firm shift, responsive handling. Handles extremely well - has saved my grace a couple of times with its quick response in heavy traffic.

Must have gotten a dudd
By Dissapointed on 06/24/05 14:38 PM (PDT)

1996 Acura TL 3.2 Premium 4dr Sedan

Wanted it as soon as I saw it. Bought a 8 yr old car with 69,000 miles on it, expecting to make it to 100,000 with grace (Honda engine!). In the first 6 months replaced battery, starter, had random misfire, replaced sparkplugs, heater failed, sound system failed. NOW I am replacing a blown head gasket and am worried about the antifreeze that was BURNING out my tail pipe. Minor cosmetics were fixed like cupholder cover. Not only did I pay too much at the dealership originally but I could have bought a new car for the amount of money I have put into this one. As soon as this car is out of the shop I am selling it to someone who can deal with fixing it every week.

Great for the $
By V-6 3.2TL P on 09/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura TL 3.2 Premium 4dr Sedan

This car is great! Fun to drive, good performance for size and type of car. There are some minor issues but nothing major. Can't beat the performance, comfort, and value.

Great Car
By CGKansas on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Acura TL 3.2 Premium 4dr Sedan

Extremely reliable and great ride. I bought it as a certified used car and I'm planning to buy a new 2004 TL replacement.

Getting The Looks
By SCB81 on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Acura TL 3.2 Premium 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 71,000 miles. It now has 87,000. this car has been good to me so far. The only problem I've had thus far is a ball joint is starting to fail and cause a loud squeeking noise from under the driver's side fender. I replaced the stock wheels with the '02 3.2 TL Type S wheels and the car looks almost brand new, despite the fact that it's 8 years old. This car always turns heads. I love it!

Excellent used vehicle
By D. Mullaly on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura TL 3.2 Premium 4dr Sedan

Bought a wll-maintained 3.2TL Premium and can only marvel at it. Love the understated exterior (take that, Aurora!), and the interior is ergonomically perfect. Only wish the shift points on the automatic transmission were smoother, but I am comparing them to a much newer Honda Odyssey and realize the advances in technology since 1996. Ride quality nicely toes the line between sport and comfort, but body lean is slightly pronounced. Overall, this is a great car.

Acura 3.2 TL Premium
By Tyler on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Acura TL 3.2 Premium 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in November and love it so far. I find myself wanting to drive every time me and my friends go out. The car feels solid and is extremely reliable. This is all you need in a vehicle.

1996 3.2, get good comments all the time
By TheBest on 09/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura TL 3.2 Premium 4dr Sedan

Bought it in 98', now at 68k mile. Very responsive, nice interior, engine is very quite. Love the car.

Iowa Green TL
By Jeff Durbin on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura TL 3.2 Premium 4dr Sedan

Excellent car. I bought a five-year old '96 with somewhat high miles but I got a very good price. Interior is wonderful and the exterior is solid, if somewhat conservative. The only nit I have with it is that the driver's side window sometimes comes unsealed at 75 or 80 and I get a lot of wind noise. Dealer servicing was obscene so I am finding a new mechanic.