2006 Acura RL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RL model:
RL is a Class Act
By Dave in Mass on 11/29/06 06:02 AM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is simply a fine, fine automobile. Wonderful ride, incredibly quiet, plenty of power when needed. Exceptional build quality. Went from a 2004 Acura TL to the RL and, contrary to what most "professional" reviewers say, that is a huge step up. The SH AWD is quite noticeable when rounding curves at speed. The car just wants to go where you point it - no hint of understeer. Nav & sound systems are excellent. There's another upside to the RL - you don't see yourself coming and going all the time.

Needs more power
By Scott on 11/13/06 10:33 AM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this car for about a week. I love styling of the car, it has all of the amenities I would expect from a luxury car, but is generally lacking in performance. This car replaced a 2001 M5 (396hp) and was not anticipated to provide the same performance, but at 300hp, I had higher expectations. I believe the weight of the car materially decreases performance. In general it is quite comfortable and handles well, but needs a bit more power to round out the driving experience.

No Regrets
By tizer on 11/11/06 18:42 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Went back and forth between Lexus GS 350 and Infiniti M35. Then looked at the RL and after one drive realized it was better than both and the year end pricing was just the icing on the cake. The RL is a breath of fresh air compared to the Mercedes I drove for the last 5 years - no problems whatsoever with the Acura.

Great value
By gdevine on 11/06/06 22:39 PM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

An excellent value. This car is so much fun to drive. Long trips seem short with the comfort and quality of the sound system. I drive slower or sometimes out of my way to relax in the vehicle.

Great Retirement Car
By MARY BREAUX on 11/04/06 07:23 AM (PST)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is great for traveling. I retired in January 2006 & have taken several road trips this year. I usually get 28-30 mpg on the highway. I have had many positive comments on the interior design & sharp appearance of this vehicle. I previously owned 2 TLs before the RL. The TL is a great car too, but at this point in my life, I thought the RL is better suited for my needs. Overall, I love my car!

2006 Nighthawk Black/Black
By Michael Dee on 10/25/06 19:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This perpective from trade in of a beloved 530i..New RL is tight & high build quality. Impressive ride comfort, great handling & power. Nav and other tech interface is intuitive. End of yr incentives added to strong value equation. Other: good view of road, clear displays day & night,good driver position & cockpit orientation. Many plus comments from passengers and wife (who drives an Audi A6 quattro). Now for winter drivin & more time to wash & wax it! Looked at GS350,530xi but Acura best perf/value/quality solution. Dealer contact in NH A++

Great Value
By JP-Naples on 10/18/06 09:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just picked this up a couple days ago. Was looking at many others. I always went back to Acura RL. Has every option one could ask for in the best price. Looks great, sound system rocks, nav looks good. Need to spend some time on learning how to voice activate all options.

2006 Acura RL
By Dave in Mass on 10/10/06 15:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Considered 3 and 5 Series BMW. 3 too small, 5 OK - both too expensive with the options I wanted. RL has them all. Acura nav system is exceptionally easy to use. Plenty of power from 6 cyl. All I need. Handling just excellent, SH-AWD is as advertised. Excellent. And, most of all, I really like the fact that I don't see myself coming and going every day. The RL is a fantastic automobile, built in Japan with all the features and handling I wanted.

Acura RL 2006
By ff100 on 09/11/06 14:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Has all the gadgets one can imagine, very good quality of materials used.

Everything I wanted and more...
By cb on 09/04/06 07:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the car I've always wanted, and finally, someone built it. It's the most fun car I've ever driven because it was so well designed. Every control is within my reach without stretching, voice recognition, although not perfect, is pretty close. My favorite part is the gas mileage. I just came back from a 150 mile trip, and got 31.6 mpg on the highway with the air conditioning on. I held to the speed limit (65 mph), and used cruise control. Long trips are a dream with the quiet cabin, smooth ride and excellent Bose stereo system. I've heard people say it looks like an Accord, but I disagree. Certainly not from the front. I like the styling and the total quality of the car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.