So far so good
By tlsb2001 on
2014 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
1900 miles so far. Comfortable on the road. Have had two problems: (1) a rattle coming from the right front (another reviewer mentioned an "annoying sound coming from the glove box...") and (2) stereo control issues. They fixed the rattle -- something related to packing and the front right strut. Stereo issue remains. Sometimes when the iPod is plugged in and I try to change from one playlist to another, it puts up a message: "Generating voice recognition commands..." I have to turn the car off to get rid of the message. Acura has a bulletin about problems occurring when the iPod is not plugged in all the way. I've confirmed my iPod is securely connected.
Favorite Features
Comfy ride. Great fuel economy for an SUV. Strong a/c. Ample room for passengers and cargo. Re: passengers, I took a 90-minute road trip with 5 other adults -- two relatively small women in the third row. No complaints from any passengers.
Suggested Improvements
Use real wood instead of fake wood for trim. And add a bit more wood trim accents. I expect a few quality issues in the first year of a redesigned model ... especially when I've chosen to purchase so early in the new production year. My last car was 2007 Lexus GS350. It was much sportier and a bit more comfortable. But the sporty feel and comfort it lacks are offset by the benefits of a solid SUV with fuel economy at least as good as my old Lexus.