2008 Acura MDX Consumer Review: Exceeds Expectations

2008 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Review

Exceeds Expectations
By pdx family on

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We have had the 2008 Acura MDX for a month now and couldn't be more delighted. It is replacing a Chrysler T&C. My ratings are based on what my expectations are in this class of vehicle. The size is perfect for us, it seats 5 easily and the +2 rear seating is quite acceptable though the access is difficult. The ride is comfortable, firm and responsive. Sport upgrade is worth it. The navigation system is outstanding and can be operated while moving. You must read the manuals to understand all the features. The gas mileage we have gotten is significantly better than EPA ratings. We got 25 mpg on a 200 mile x-mountain trip and see about 19 mpg in mixed town driving.

Excellent ability to customize preferences, such as when the doors automatically unlock. Great gas mileage (for an SUV, its not a Prius). Very comfortable. Handling .Navigation computes route very quickly. I don't have to find my cell phone to answer my phone (bluetooth finds it buried in my purse).

Wish the heated seats would turn off when the car is turned off. Often passenger seat is left on with no passenger. Wish you could lock all the doors with the remote while a door remains open. Wish I could add comments or favorites to POI.