for moms who refuse to do the minivan
By carol on
2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
This car is feels custom made for our family of 5 plus 2 large dogs. The seating options work out perfectly for us. I love having 2 "extra" kid seats in row 3 for the kids' friends or for when my own lovely children need to be separated. And the front seat airbag sensor means I feel more confident when my older children sit up front. In truth, we should have a minivan -- that is the ultimate in convenience for a motley crew like us. BUT my final rationalization for the MDX was that when it was time for my oldest to start driving that this would become her car. I'm sure she'll be much happier inheriting the MDX than a minivan!!!
Favorite Features
I love how the whole package works together. Good looking and functional-- but to name a few: rain sensing wipers; heated seats; quiet engine; loud stereo; tight turning radius; acceleration; Acura service (they'll shuttle me to the mall while my oil is changed); "free" oil changes. . .
Suggested Improvements
I didn't realize the rear window did not open which was a disappointment. Cup holders need to be a little larger. Fuel economy is good but I'd like it to be great! And why is it that the Honda Pilot has 3 seat belts in row 3 but the MDX only 2? I'm not a huge fan of the parking brake mechanism.