Used 1994 Acura Legend GS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Acura Legend - Consumer Reviews

1994 Acura Legend

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

An excellent, well-rounded car.
By tractor

1994 Acura Legend GS 4dr Sedan

This car really did give the owners about everything they could need when new, and even as old as it is, it still doesn't disappoint. I've added a few touches here and there like a new stereo system and a short shifter and exhaust and those keep the car fresh. It really is a joy to drive. It allows for a sporty character and 4-door practicality. This car will perform if you know how to shift the 6-spd. Also, a suspension and brake upgrade will keep you happy. Keep on top of maintenance, especially with the cooling system and you will be pleased!

Favorite Features

Good performance if you know where to keep the revs at, but not a sports car. Interior quality is unmatched by anything newer from Acura. Looks are still good, especially if you keep up on polishing, waxing, etc. Don't let this car look bad just because it's old. Low-slung, sporty feel. Great car!

Suggested Improvements

The steering wheel is larger than it needs to be. I wish there was an aftermarket supercharger kit for this car. The stock brakes are not incredible, but that's an easy fix. The side mirrors are a little too small compared to the G1 Legend. The car seems to attract pebbles. Low clearance.

Best car ever owned
By CarlD

1994 Acura Legend GS 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 94 Legend GS from my father in law with 187000 mi on it. He kept it in top shape. Every service was done on schedule and at the dealer. I have since done the same and now have over 340000 mi on it. It is fun to drive and a great looking car. Acura needs to bring back the Legend. I have a 99 RL and enjoy driving the Legend more. Everything on the car works. Have only had to do normal repair work. Engine still strong and burns no oil and passes emissions with no problem. Love this car!

Favorite Features

Looks, reliability, performance and handling.

Suggested Improvements

It has a slight understeering. Needs more cup holders. And a/c fan adjustment could be changed from a button to a dial.

Best car I came across!
By Clo

1994 Acura Legend GS 4dr Sedan

This car has given me everything I could ever asked for! I am running on 300k miles and counting the only problems I have encountered are fuel pump relay, starter, and alternator! With that many miles what else can I ask for.

Favorite Features

Where can I start? Honda struck gold with the Legend?

Suggested Improvements

Install reliable relays! Bring it back on the market!

Great car
By Joey Bobboly

1994 Acura Legend GS 4dr Sedan

Car has a lot of power and comfortable to ride.

Favorite Features

Strong engine, nice classic look, leather and heated seats, rear spoiler, moon roof, power everything.

Suggested Improvements

Only has one cup holder. Could use at least another cup holder. Gas mileage is poor. I'm getting approx 18/22. Auto shifing between 1st and 2nd is rough. Could use a more aggressive gearing.

This one is a keeper
By joey

1994 Acura Legend GS 4dr Sedan

Great car and comfortable to ride. I bought the car mainly because of its reputation for reliability, and so far so good.

Favorite Features

Looks, leather seats, V6 3.2 Type II engine, interior design.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a more aggressive automatic shifting feel. It does not down shift fast enough when you step on it. Needs more than one cup holder. I cant' believe they only put one cup holder on this car.