1994 Acura Legend - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:
An excellent, well-rounded car.
By tractor on 01/28/10 12:44 PM (PST)

1994 Acura Legend GS 4dr Sedan

This car really did give the owners about everything they could need when new, and even as old as it is, it still doesn't disappoint. I've added a few touches here and there like a new stereo system and a short shifter and exhaust and those keep the car fresh. It really is a joy to drive. It allows for a sporty character and 4-door practicality. This car will perform if you know how to shift the 6-spd. Also, a suspension and brake upgrade will keep you happy. Keep on top of maintenance, especially with the cooling system and you will be pleased!

Best car ever owned
By CarlD on 05/05/09 10:09 AM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend GS 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 94 Legend GS from my father in law with 187000 mi on it. He kept it in top shape. Every service was done on schedule and at the dealer. I have since done the same and now have over 340000 mi on it. It is fun to drive and a great looking car. Acura needs to bring back the Legend. I have a 99 RL and enjoy driving the Legend more. Everything on the car works. Have only had to do normal repair work. Engine still strong and burns no oil and passes emissions with no problem. Love this car!

Best car I came across!
By Clo on 04/09/08 20:50 PM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend GS 4dr Sedan

This car has given me everything I could ever asked for! I am running on 300k miles and counting the only problems I have encountered are fuel pump relay, starter, and alternator! With that many miles what else can I ask for.

Great car
By Joey Bobboly on 10/14/07 05:03 AM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend GS 4dr Sedan

Car has a lot of power and comfortable to ride.

This one is a keeper
By joey on 10/07/07 21:08 PM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend GS 4dr Sedan

Great car and comfortable to ride. I bought the car mainly because of its reputation for reliability, and so far so good.

Sweet, sweet car
By Bob Rinkel on 11/01/05 00:20 AM (PST)

1994 Acura Legend GS 4dr Sedan

2nd Legend, 1st was a 88 coupe (loved it) that gave 185k spirited, trouble free miles. I have 120k on my GS (AT) and it feels as solid as a tank. At $42k new in 94, it is loaded with high (for 94 and today) technology and qty materials and parts. A few: dual piston front calipers, automatic traction control (really works on Colorado snow), pretensioners on seat belts, knock sensors so you can choose to burn regular (a little less power), excellent auto climate control, distributorless ignition, high qty, durable leather, and other interior material that look near new 11 years later. It's fast and easily moves away from 99% of other cars. It is cheap to keep and a tremendous used car value.

High marks for this car
By GS_TWO on 04/01/05 20:24 PM (PST)

1994 Acura Legend GS 4dr Sedan

This car is wonderful. Lots of character, style, and performance. I agree with another post on this site, that the brakes are a little too light-weight for this car.The six speed Legend is legendary on performance, though. Highway cruising, accelerating, this car does it effortlessly. If you own one, hang onto it. This car may become a prized collector's item in twenty years or so. I'm not letting go of mine.

Best car I have ever owned !!!
By Kelly Wood on 03/12/05 21:16 PM (PST)

1994 Acura Legend GS 4dr Sedan

I love it. It handles great, will do 140 mph andget 23 mpg on the highway. I sell new cars. There is none on the lot that comes close to this car. I would have to buy a new Caddie STS to get close. Being it is 11 years old and still has its looks, it will be hard to replace.

Legend Forever...and ever
By dwinston on 12/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Acura Legend GS 4dr Sedan

My Legend has 145,000 miles now and I still can't justify selling it in spite of temptations such as the new 2004 Acura TL with 270 hp. The new car doesn't feel faster or better than my old Legend in spite of more cup holders. Darn it. I'm having to resort to looking at high $ cars with 350+ hp to even consider selling.

Easily my favorite car ever
By legendsareborn on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend GS 4dr Sedan

Of all the cars I have owned in my life, the Legend is my very favorite. I owned an L model prior to owning the faster, six-speed GS, and other than being only slightly less sporty, it was just as fun to drive, and equally reliable. I have owned a 5 series BMW before, and it equals the fun-factor of the Legend. Performance wise, the Legend beat the BMW though. Fun, very fast, and above all, the Legend, unlike a lot of Japanese cars, in my opinion, has loads of character, charisma, spirit. The stereo is simply astounding. I've never been so satisfied with a car before, and I am not interested in selling it.