Used 1998 Acura Integra LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

Greatest car i ever owned.
By jwoods4290

1998 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I've owned about 5 cars now, and this car is beyond amazement. i bought my integra with 128K miles on it, and i drive it 150 miles a day (not by choice) and it holds firm and nothing ever wrong with it. simple oil changes and maintenance and she will last you. Also, car is cheap to hook up and do things with so that's a +. but at the end of the day, this is the greatest car i ever owned and i refuse to leave acura just due to this integra. If you want stylish yet reliability AND GAS mileage, this is for you. Would recommend to everyone.

LOVE
By acenter

1998 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

If you get the chance to buy one DO! Make ppl jealous. This was my first car. I bought it in 2006 with 101k miles and will never regret it. It has been a great car. It's very fun to drive: stops great, accelerates quick, and takes corners like nothing. After moving a few times, I'm amazed at how much stuff you can fit in the trunk! The back seat is tight and no one likes to ride back there, but I'm the only one in the car most of the time. It now has over 204k miles on it and still runs like a dream. I average 29mpg and have gotten up to 33mpg hwy miles. I will never sell it. I just bought a new car but will keep this one for a fun weekend car. It has held up well and had no major issues.

Favorite Features

Hatch & trunk space, moonroof, performance. So fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

It's 2013- you need a USB port, leather would be nice too, and seats with extra cushion, also suggest a cold air intake, exhaust and header for extra power & fun without killing gas mileage. Also it would be great if they made a 4 door version that still had a hatchback. I bought a new car this year (kept the integra as backup), but I never would have it had it 4 doors to haul around the family. btw new car I bought-Honda Insight (it's been great so far too, but not as fun as the integra) They need to bring the Integra back.

BEST low-maintenance sports compact.
By thedirtybird

1998 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

Writing this review is almost as difficult a decision as selling my Integra was. The car was brilliant! People constantly trying to steal it was not. Having worked as a valet and driven virtually every commonly available car on the road, the Integra turned out to be the best balance of sporty, economical, and affordable, especially for a college student on a budget (and not wanting to "settle" for a Geo or Cavalier). To be honest, the non-VTEC LS trim has enough bang for your buck... and when will you -really- be needing VTEC?

Favorite Features

Interior - I am 6'1" and the Integra fit me like a glove. The cabin is very clean, simple, and abundant with window space (so make sure you keep the interior tidy!) Amazing handling - if you're not familiar with it, test drive a Honda Civic the same day as an Integra. Your mind will be blown. I preferred the handling over the "improved" Acura RSX that replaced this model. Reliability/easy maintenance - I babied my Integra, but even with abuse I'd assume the car could easily make it to the 200,000-mile zone. Around the 80k mark my radiator sprung a leak, it cost $40 and a case of beer to change myself.

Suggested Improvements

This is why I rated the Build Quality a 3: Aftermarket security is essential. This puts a very unfortunate extra strain on your budget. My car was constantly harassed parked on the street, door molding pried at, window smashed, and finally stolen with a simple coat hangar and shaved down Honda key. As much as I'll miss it, the theft has left me far too paranoid to continue owning the Integra as a daily driver without a garage. If one day the stars line up juuust right, I will definitely own another Integra.

one of the best.....ever
By tegcollector

1998 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

This car is amazing ,even standing still ,your friends stand around it and drool ,i call it my japanese porsche,but its so much more ,great car to have your girl in ,for a date ,my 98 ls is the third one i owned . I had a 91 ls special ,and it was special,going to get the gsr or type r next .

Favorite Features

exterior, sound ,reliability ,moonroof,seats.

Suggested Improvements

jdm front end,coil overs

My Favorite Car of All So Far
By liz09

1998 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

Amazing Car! Have owned for 4yrs bought with over 100,000mi now has 175000mi and still runs perfect. Only problem I've had was distributor cap had to replace at 140,000mi and radiator hoses at 125,000mi. Is extremely fun to drive! Stops on a dime, handles as on rails and has power when you need it. I have updated the car with new Cd player (although old one still works great) have USB drive which I love. Added heating/massaging seat cushions for comfort. Added minor performance mods, catback, cold air intake & rims with kumho tires-this car is a dream will never trade in or sell

Favorite Features

Beautiful body styling still looks stylish today, handles like a dream, brakes perfectly & has some pep when u step on the gas while still getting great gas mileage average 29 combined, 31 & up to 33hwy. I will need to buy a 4door car soon (starting a family) will probably buy 4 door LS or new TSX

Suggested Improvements

Acura please bring this car back!-your new cars just dont compare!Everything about it is awesome y did they stop making it? Just add comfy seats USB jack & steering mounted audio controls, a little quieter ride & a little more power & I'm sure it would be the best selling car today.