2003 Acura CL Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:
Tranny worse than an American Tranny
By never_ever_again on 07/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Had this car for a month, after only 1500 miles, the transmission went bad even after babying it. It doesn't shift past 2nd gear. Thought I was a rare case, but when I went to the dealer, they weren't surprised. There is a freaking 3 month waiting list for CL/TL transmissions! When I saw the www.acura-cl.com message board I wasn't the only one. They have a section dedicated to "Transmission Problems"!!! Hundreds of people are having transmission problems for a wannabe luxury car. People, stay away from the CL and TL and get an accord. The CL and TL tranny is a piece of crap.

Wonderful car!
By JW'SCL on 07/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a well built, dependable car that is stylish both inside and out! Plus, it's a blast to drive! All of the features that usually cost extra on other cars, come standard on the Acura CL. The only negative is the design of the cupholders. They are too close together and do not hold different sized drinks well. However, if this is the only complaint about the car...I'll definitely take it!!!

i thought i was the only one!!!!!
By lesley5272 on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

oh my god, i am glad to know that i am not the only who constantly complains about the squeeky and rattling noises that come from my dash and sunroof. i have had my sunroof worked on at least 5 times. every time i take it there is a bulletin recall but the problems has yet to be solved so i give up.and now im complaining about the whistling noises that ac makes but of course they say its normal.take my advice the service dept of southern motors acura sucks. ishould have purchased a lexus!

AWESOME! buy it!
By dreamcast18 on 06/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent car! I upgraded to wider and bigger tires and now it drives on rails! Get the Type-S! That's my only 'complain'!

Excellent Vehicle
By smoker on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've only had the car for a week but I love it already. It's fast, fun to drive, and loaded with features. Minor drawbacks: the car has to be on to close the sunroof and windows, and the auto-foldup on the seats to allow people into the back is slow, and also requires the car to be on. Excellent features: driving! the car handles great at fast speeds, which it has no problem accelerating to. The sport-shift feature on the automatic is great - it allows you to manually shift for extra power whenever you want to (i beat a BMW 325ci off the line using it).

Acura CL
By Zuchinidog on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a very good car. I traded in an Audi A4, and although it was a fun car to drive, the repair bills were gettting to be very expensive. I also test drove a BWM 3, a Volvo S60 and Lexus IS300. Each was an excellent car; however, the Acura was the best choice, in my mind, when factoring in the price.

Poorest Quality Honda I've ever ownerd
By 2002cldisappointment on 05/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The driver's side armrest squeeks. A bundle of wires dropped from under the dash. The climate control sounds like it is full of leaves. I'm 5'11'' and keep hitting my head on the roof. The moonroof flutters like crazy at > 70 mph. You call this quality?

Poor Build Quality
By qrqr199top on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Having been a long time Toyota owner, I am really disappointed with the build quality of my Acura CL. So far, my fog lights have burned out twice, my sunroof still rattles, my rear quarter panel had to re-welded, interior trim panels were falling off and still the car rattles and squeaks... I've told the Acura dealer that my 96 Corolla with 120,000 miles makes less noise than my 2002 acura.

Evaluation and review of the Acura CL.
By dearly155 on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle surpassed my wildest dreams. It has a very reasonable sticker price, excellent fuel mileage, excellent power and acceleration. The ride and handling qualities are also excellent. This is the best vehicle I have ever owned and without a doubt, the best for the money. It has all the features of a much more expensive Lexus or Infinity. To top it all off, it has not been to the shop for anything!

just hatched
By Paleo 1 on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The CL is new and I have only 2500 miles. The interior is very Accord like. Handles well and is very quick with the standard engine. The headroom with the sunroof just clears my head. I am 6' tall. Gas mileage is poor so far.