2003 Acura CL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:
Great Car
By Michael59 on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

It is the most car you can get for your money in this class.

This is the only car to consider for 30K
By spud on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car rocks. A Honda with acceleration that actually comes close to my friends 1993 300ZX twin turbo! What more could you ask for?

Great car, great value!
By Einsatz on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

After over six months of research before buying my first new car, there was no doubt of which car I had to buy. I considered the BMW 3 series (add up all the options & accessories to compare with the CL-S and it was too expensive-short and long term), the Lexus IS-300 (OMG the interiors are cardboard! FUGLY!), the Solara SLE V6 (I used to own a 92 Camry LE, they were basically the same car, also overpriced), and Audi A4 (too big). The CL-S has the best bang-for-the-buck. Built solid, looks good in and out, and lives up to its "Type S" name.

Poor Build Quality
By qrqr199top on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Having been a long time Toyota owner, I am really disappointed with the build quality of my Acura CL. So far, my fog lights have burned out twice, my sunroof still rattles, my rear quarter panel had to re-welded, interior trim panels were falling off and still the car rattles and squeaks... I've told the Acura dealer that my 96 Corolla with 120,000 miles makes less noise than my 2002 acura.

Evaluation and review of the Acura CL.
By dearly155 on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle surpassed my wildest dreams. It has a very reasonable sticker price, excellent fuel mileage, excellent power and acceleration. The ride and handling qualities are also excellent. This is the best vehicle I have ever owned and without a doubt, the best for the money. It has all the features of a much more expensive Lexus or Infinity. To top it all off, it has not been to the shop for anything!

just hatched
By Paleo 1 on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The CL is new and I have only 2500 miles. The interior is very Accord like. Handles well and is very quick with the standard engine. The headroom with the sunroof just clears my head. I am 6' tall. Gas mileage is poor so far.

Big Bang for the Buck
By DTD on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent performance and excellent handling. Makes me want to get in it and drive. Excellent comfort and support on long trip. Easy to read gauges. Fun factor equal 10. So what are the downsides? I am a 6'and could use maybe another inch of headroom, but it is OK. Available colors are boring and dull. Best color I could find with tan. interior was white...enough said. Is the car a keeper? ABSOLUTELY!

Excellent Value
By motu on 04/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is quiet, has excellent performance, built solid and the best value of the dollar that you can find.

Power/Performance in Disguise
By knox66 on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

When I first showed my new 2003 CL Type S to my friend, he wasn't impressed. "Looks like an Accord" he said. Admittedly, this car's exterior styling and sightlines haven't revolutionalized the industry. The true heart and soul of this car lied under the hood & in it's wonderfully sporty suspension and chassis system. Once I took him on an edge-of-the-seat 70-80 mph joy ride, he no longer saw this car as an Accord. I've also suprised many a city stoplight-racers in my area. After I blow them off the line with lurching tires and screaming acceleration from the VTEC 6 cylinder, I suspect they won't look at an "Accord" in the same light ever again.

I like it!
By MOTU on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is an excellent car considering fit, finish and value for the dollar.