Used 1999 Acura CL Consumer Reviews - 59 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Acura CL - Consumer Reviews

1999 Acura CL

View reviews for a specific CL model:

My first car
By Ice Man

1999 Acura CL 2.3 2dr Coupe

This is my far car. I researched this car right here on edmunds.com the night before I purchased it. Once I saw the reviews were great I bought it. I've owned the car less than a week now and I love this car. The good: I'm a college student. It gets 20-22 miles in the city, it's fun to drive, it's super luxurious, and fast. It's sleek, my car is bright red with white interior. The bad: the car has a horrible turning radius other than that I can't think of anything else I don't like about the car.

Power everything, besides dual climate control and dual power seats which my car doesn't have, it only has single. Moon roof not sunroof, moonroofs are better, volume changer on the steering wheel, good gas mileage, uncommon car, rare, pretty to look at, you'll surely stand out, get girls.

Turning radius, dual climate control, dual power seats, bring the CL back, 4 doors I know that's impossible.

Wonderful Acura
By D Cohen

1999 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

This is a very unique car. It is outstanding to drive; has comfort, power, acceleration, quietness, and yet, it is reliable. The styling is classy and attractive. The lines are classic and elegant. Love the beautiful rear styling. Everyone looks at this car and comments how they like it. It will never go out of style and has never been a problem. I wish other things in life were as reliable as this car and had such longevity. We are not selling our CL. No other new car can compare in quality, comfort, reliability, and technology.

Excellent radio & easy to use. Soft glove-leather large seats. Outstanding all-around visibility. Beautiful color coordinated interiors. 3.0 wheels on 99 models are beautiful classy multi-spoked. Quiet engine. Ride is as if you are riding on a cloud. It rides like a Cadillac & handles like a BMW.

It is the best combination of everything anyone would desire. We wouldn't mess with a thing. We are not selling ours. If you can find one for sale, buy it without hesitation. No problems with this car in the 10 years we've had it since new.

This car delivers
By gabi76

1999 Acura CL 2.3 2dr Coupe

Bought this car with 110k on it for 4k. I put on it 70k miles in 3 years and the only "big" investment has been a set of tires and brakes. Still drives like the day I bought it. Don't intend to sell it. I'll never regret the purchase.

interior finish, manual transmission, great mpg

none for me

Very Reliable
By acuraowner

1999 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

Purchased this car new in '99 and has been the most reliable car I've owned. I get it serviced at scheduled intervals. Driver's side auto window feature has failed. Brakes and rotors seem to need replacing more often than normal. Currently have 95K miles. Repairs so far: brakes and rotors - twice, auto window control, brake caliper leak, brake & headlights, timing belt... Not too bad in 10 years.

Climate control and heated seats.

Turning radius is horrible, makes parking a bit challenging at times.

A very reliable but fun car
By Ian S.

1999 Acura CL 2.3 2dr Coupe

I bought my 1999 CL 2.3 because I needed something reliable coming from a BMW. Unfortunately, my CL was in poor condition, but I got a great deal on it. To my surprise, it was in excellent mechanical condition. A little bit of elbow grease quickly brought its appearance back to life. The first thing I noticed was the excellent quality of the paint and interior materials. I couldn't believe how resilient the leather and carpet was. The paint is beautiful after some heavy buffing and the car looks new after a thorough cleaning! Mechanically, I have had zero problems. The transmission shifts smooth and engine sounds like new. I would highly recommend this car.

Automatic climate control, keyless entry and alarm system.

The base (non-Bose) radio/CD is horrible. Also, lack of heated seats on the 2.3 brings chills to my spine every cold morning. I retrofitted the Bose radio from the 3.0 model and have been very happy with it.